FiOS address finder issues
crossbowman5
Okay. I hate Comcast. Frequent service losses, horrible customer service, and now bandwith restrictions. I would be glad to switch to FiOS, except the stupid 'tool' provided cant find my address, even typed 7 different ways and using the expanded form. It dosn't say we're moving service, it says we can't find your address. If anyone thinks they can help, email/PM me and I will fork over my address. I live in Kent, Washington, for reference.
0 Likes
Re: FiOS address finder issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Did you try entering your phone number?

#2 Did that site try to correct you?

For example

We found the following address in our records based on the address you entered. Please select your address below or "No" if you need to re-enter the address.

0 Likes
crossbowman5

1. I did, but it didn't work since I don't have Verizon phone service.

2. No. Just whined about not being able to find it. Thanks for trying, though. From what I found (or didn't find...) on the forum, it seems to just hate my address.

Message Edited by crossbowman5 on 05-01-2009 02:47 PM
0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

Try using the telephone of you next door neighbors. If FiOS is available for them, it is likely available for you.

You can put in the number at www.verizon.com in the section on the bottom right that says "High Speed Internet". Even though it says HSI, if FiOS is available, it will tell you so.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1
Sorry.. left out a word.. to be clear.. Use your neighors telephone number in the availablility search page.
0 Likes
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Crossbowman,

I would be happy to research this for you if you would like. I have access to contacts in Engineering and a FiOS Address Status Tool. If you are in a Verizon-served area and we have FiOS available, I will be able to get your address validated in our provisioning/qualifying systems so we can place an order.

If you would send me your information in an email or private message, I will be in the office tomorrow through Saturday and I will ensure we capture some results for you. I believe Kent is in a Qwest-served area, and if that is the case for your address then Verizon will most likely not have any facilities available to serve the address. However, I'd be happy to check for you.

{signature removed}

Message Edited by KaLin on 05-04-2009 06:28 PM
0 Likes