Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Fios Installation - New House

jolyman17
Contributor
Contributor

Fios Installation - New House

Message 1 of 2
(699 Views)

I have a new house that we are just finishing.  We ran Cat 5e and Coax cables to all rooms from a central basement location before the sheetrock went up but I haven't done the termination for the wires.  

I have an install for Fios triple play scheduled for Thursday.  I am trying to figure out if the tech will help me terminate the coax in the locations of my two TVs and the two internet points I want to use.  Any idea if they will do that or do I have to have that done in advance?

1 REPLY 1
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Fios Installation - New House

Message 2 of 2
(678 Views)

@jolyman17 wrote:

... ran Cat 5e and Coax cables to all rooms from a central basement location ... I haven't done the termination ... install for Fios triple play scheduled for Thursday.  I am trying to figure out if the tech will help me terminate the coax in the locations of my two TVs and the two internet points I want to use ...

If you want to have Verizon commit to the work in advance, you will have to change the installation order.  Most likely that will result in rescheduling the install, plus whatever fees are involved in the installation.  Usually Verizon commits to installing a certain number of "drops" in a new installation, but this only applies to the coax connection for TV service and the router, not the Ethernet connections.  They assume you will run wireless off the router.  You have a couple possibilities which I list in decreasing order of probability of success.

You could contact an electrician who does this kind of work and have the wiring finished in advance.  Assuming the electrician understands what's required for FiOS (perhaps a big assumption) there should be no problem, except that you may not be able  to complete the work on time.

You could also "get lucky" and have the Verizon install tech include a few "extras" in the install in addition to what is normally included in the way of terminations.  If you play nice, you never know what will happen.

Otherwise you could do the terminations on your own.  This involves a few somewhat expensive tools and some study, but it's not all that complicated.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title