Fios setup fee ?!?
lingdeer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for Verizon last month and I completed the order with an agent over the phone. After that I received no order confirmation from Verizon. Though I have my account setup. The only thing that I see on my agreement online is:

"I understand that I have agreed to maintain these bundled services for a minimum of 24 months and that an early termination fee of up to $230 will apply if I cancel my services early. The prorated early termination fee of $230 will be reduced by $10 for each full month toward the minimum term. I understand that once my bundled services are installed, I have a 14 day ETF grace period to cancel without an early termination fee."

When I signed up, my Verizon agent mentioned no installation fee what so ever.

I received my first bill, which shows a couple of one time charges for installation, which as around 26.67.

Then I received my second bill, which there is a one time charge called, "Fios Setup @ 80.00 Payment 2 of 3".

I called customer support at Verizon and the agent told me this is Verizon's policy that they will charge custsomer for $80 for Fios setup, split into 3 payments. When I asked her where it was written, she said I got it on my email, which I never received. Then she went on and said, "Now I tell you it's our policy and you know now, bye bye." And then she did not let me finish and cut me off.

I understand that I have to pay for installation, even though my agent did not mention that. But I was not aware that Verizon will charge $80 for installation. It is outrangeous for an internet service that costs only $50 per month. Honestly, I would not have signed up if I was informed of those charges beforehand. I was basically lured into signing up for the service without getting full information of all the charges I need to pay. 

I did not agree to those terms and now I am forced to pay. Also terrible customer support.

Never had such terrible experience with Comcast. Extremely disappointed with Verizon. Will never choose again.

0 Likes
Re: Fios setup fee ?!?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lingdeer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes