Switch Account

Fios taking advantage of an existing customer (me)

Fios taking advantage of an existing customer (me)

Contributor PoorService77
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(111 Views)

I’ve experienced multiple issues.  I’ve had Fios for about ten years, and my last contract included the “lifetime DVR”.  When my contract expired in October 2018, I received a notice stating I could renew and retain my current monthly rate.  I spent time selecting the cheapest options possible and scheduled a technician. I then saw the total bill would result in another $192 a year due to FIOS not allowing me to retain my lifetime “DVR”.  Also, the new deal had another price increase: I needed to spend $200 up front for a new router.  Keeping my “lifetime” DVR, my existing 50MB speed and FIOS router were not options. I cancelled the scheduled technician.  I called customer service and received the same deal information. I was told my bill without a contract would not increase until  January.    I was then charged an extra $16 in November and December.   I contacted Verizon via chat and was told I was incorrect and my bill had not increased. I double checked and spoke to Verizon a few weeks later and was told that the person in December like we only checked one month in the past and that I should have specified that additional months should have been checked. On January 28  I was told I would Receive a credit of $16 for my January bill.   The odds are that I will not receive this credit.  It has been frustrating that my rates increase and past deals are not honored. I have one week to decide whether to save money with another company.  I was told by two Fios representatives that I cannot keep the rate I had for my last contract, but that the lifetime DVR cannot be used anymore unless I skip having a contract and pay an extra $192 a year.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.