Fire 2/3 of Your New Customer TV Account CSR's and Hire Some Who Have a Clue
slogg9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a FIOS customer since it came to Northern VA in the mid-2000's.  When we moved, we ported the account over to a house in a different neck of NOVA.  On 3/1/12, when the co-owner of the house moved to DC, he kept the account and moved it with him.  I called to have a 'new service' set up for the house, keeping all of the hardware intact.  I was told that it would be a seamless transition and it would occur the next day (a Monday).  The internet ported over sometime in the wee hours of Monday morning, but all the DVRs in the house stopped showing tv programs.

I called and spent an hour with a CSR Monday night.  He was convinced that everything was fine on ya'lls end...it just HAD to be a crazy coincidence that our splitter must have gone bad the same day that our transition was to occur.  He told me he could send out a technician but it'd be $95 plus $45/per half hour. 

A roomie called late that night and set up the call for Thursday.  He called again on Tuesday and got one of Verizon's 33%ers  who immediately recognized that our account had been activated remotely but that there was a second part to this process and had the guy who was scheduled to come on Thursday just simply work some magic on the exterior box and reset all the DVRs so they would 'know' that they were operating under a new account.

This was free.  As it should have been.  Problem is that the initial account  and the first CSR never knew that they would need to send someone out here...so I wasted an hour of my life on the phone plus a few more hours trying to diagnose a nonexistent wiring problem.  If ALL YOU DO is set people up with new accounts and/or answer 'technical' questions about said accounts, HOW IN THE WORLD can you not know the basic steps involved therein???!?  And then to try to coerce me to pay a couple hundo and take off of work to have someone do something that was part of their job anyway???

**bleep**.

And thanks for making me miss almost four days of shows.  That was tight.  Oh, and thanks for telling me that all of my saved stuff on the DVR and 100G external drive would be gone.   And **bleep**.  Not a good way to build a a company that is 10% technical know-how and 90% customer service.  Your only saving grace is that COX Communications is even more inept at providing quality products.

Labels (1)
Re: Fire 2/3 of Your New Customer TV Account CSR's and Hire Some Who Have a Clue
Jbarrow11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't complain.

You received the standard high quality Verizon FIOS can offer. ( That is the best you can get from Verizon. )

I have had the same experiance of CSR having no idear what is going on.

I understand they have a book in front of them with DUMB , STUPID, answers.

I spent 23 mins waiting to be connected.  Explained problem.  After 35 mins and he could not fix the problem I hung up.

In 5 mins FIXED THE PROBLEM MYSELF !!!

0 Likes