Four calls to move service, conflicting confusing info
mjcsuo

I have now logged four calls and several e-mails and chat sessions in an effort to move service to the next town over. I have received conflicting information about whether DSL is available, this email from a customer service rep said it is:

Rudy, {edited for privacy}@verizon.com
Aug 10 (3 days ago)

to me

Hi Mary Jean,
I was informed that your new address now qualifies for DSL. I believe that it would be easier for you to place the order online so you can get the discounted rate. We would not be able to add the 5.00 credit because you are moving and keeping the same services. We would not be able to over ride the credit. Please let me know if you have any question.

When I tried then to order online, the website indicated DSL was not available. Now, no reply from multiple e-mails to {edited for privacy} Rudy to resolve this discrepancy. (I'm sure her name will be scrubbed from this post shortly, but perhaps it will lend credibility for an hour or two). Spent 40 minutes on my lunch hour today with "Brian" who point blank refused to transfer me to a supervisor to get definitive info on DSL availability, the last 20 minutes of the call I was parked on hold, I'm pretty sure intentionally in an effort to get me to give up.

Sorry, I though the idea was to encourage CUSTOMERS TO STAY WITH THE COMPANY and move their service, not throw up obstacles and conflicting information about same. Tomorrow I will be contacting constituent services at my Senator's offices and pursuing an FCC complaint as well.
0 Likes