Fradulent contract extension
FCBS

I called Verizon Fios 9/27/18 in order to transfer my service to a new location. I had initially signed up for this package under a 2 year contract in July 2017, which was set to expire in July 2019. I EXPLICITLY INFORMED THE REP THAT I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN ANY NEW SERVICES AND DID NOT HAVE ANY INTENTION OF EXTENDING MY CONTRACT NOR WANTING TO EXTEND MY CONTRACT. This simple request turned into me being blindsided and shocked that my contract was actually extended to September 2020, an extension that I had not consented, agreed to, nor approved. In February 2019, I made a routine call to Verizon to regarding a backup battery pack needing service as it was beeping every 15 minutes, I also wanted to confirm the date of the contract expiration (was supposed to July 2019) come to find out that the service was extended at the time of the transfer due to the rep adding on an additional set top box to the account. If I had consciously intended to extend my contract, I would have ensured that I received additional savings or more services which nothing new was added to the account and I lost premium channels which were set to expire anyways so this service was a specific transfer and nothing more. The representatives I spoke to today 2/20/2019 put up a brick wall with no sort of Customer Service assistance whatsoever, and told me there is nothing she can do. I am completely shocked at the level of unethical fraudulence committed by the Verizon FIOS rep in September 2018 (time of transfer of service to a new address), and if this issue is not resolved appropriately and fairly, I will guarantee that my business, my family, nor my friends will ever use Verizon FIOS again in the future. What is even more shocking and appalling is that going through these forums, this seems like a common occurrence by Verizon FIOS. In a time where countless fraudulence is committed by various companies, such as the massive Wells Fargo Scandal, to reach quotas, it makes me think what sort of unethical behavior is going on in the back-end through Verizon Fios

0 Likes
Re: Fradulent contract extension
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FCBS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes