Fraud Department?
dhlunar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know if this message goes here.  I just checked my voicemail about twenty minutes ago and had a message claiming to be from Verizon.  They asked me to call back 866-266-3424 and have my account number ready.  I called the number back and got a message saying, "Thanks for calling Verizon.  Our offices are closed."  I did a Google search for this number and it apears that it is the fraud department.  Is this a real Verizon number?  

I can understand why the fraud department might be calling, because after 2 years of only basic local (we were using a VOIP) we moved to unlimited long distance and 300 International Single Rate.  I suspect it is becuse my roommate made an hour worth of international calls yesterday.

0 Likes
Re: Fraud Department?
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
Now that it is Monday, give the number a call and find out.
0 Likes
Re: Fraud Department?
flotsam

@dhlunar wrote:

I don't know if this message goes here.  I just checked my voicemail about twenty minutes ago and had a message claiming to be from Verizon.  They asked me to call back 866-266-3424 and have my account number ready.  I called the number back and got a message saying, "Thanks for calling Verizon.  Our offices are closed."  I did a Google search for this number and it apears that it is the fraud department.  Is this a real Verizon number?  

I can understand why the fraud department might be calling, because after 2 years of only basic local (we were using a VOIP) we moved to unlimited long distance and 300 International Single Rate.  I suspect it is becuse my roommate made an hour worth of international calls yesterday.

Yes there is such dept within VZ and your scenario fits what that dept was designed for.
0 Likes