Re: Fraudulent contract renewal
blaithin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't believe a company this big is so mickey mouse. I spent an hour on the phone with an agent in Ohio, gave her my information and explained pretty much the same issues as every here. I had my contract extended. They were able to tell it was extened, couldn't see any where on the contract who did it, but it happened in June of this year. She also informed me that Verizon gives bonus for extending customer contracts, so you can imagine my shock to find this out.

I see Verizon reps on this forum apologizing and saying "just call an agent with your service details", that is unaldulerated hogwash. As after an hour on the phone the agent told me there is nothing they could do. Not call this department or that, basically tough.. and suck it up and pay.

I guess the only way to deal with Verizon is to contact channel 3 and 6 and report them to their investigative teams on fraud.

Sad, I have been a customer for nearly 10 years. Shame on you Verizon.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi blaithin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Mbhavnani77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing has happened to me. My 2 year contract had just expired late last year ( in oct i think). I called to make a service appointment as the service person had not connected fios cable in one wall cable outlet in a room. Verizon apparently extended my contract for 2 years starting the date of that service appointment and are now telling me that I called and renewed the contract which is absolutely false. It is very sad that they are trying these tactics to retain customers. 

MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes