Free DVR for life! NOT FOR YOU!!!
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

No longer a FIOS customer beginning Tuesday, April 26!  Because they treat new customers with respect and good deals and not loyal customers like myself (or was loyal).  My suggestion?  Tell FIOS that giving new customers a Multi room DVR for free for life and not you is unfair!  And when they say too bad...Switch like I did to your other options (Optimum in my case)!  Good Luck!  I already have 3 others switching back.  Because FIOS would not give in to a $19 DVR, they are going to lose customers!  And good!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Free DVR for life! NOT FOR YOU!!!
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

Plus, Optimul is giving me Baseball package, stars  (1 year) (with $25 rebate), internet security, and DVR (2 Years) FREE!!!!!!  plus I am saving $480 per year!  So Long FIOS!!!  Thanks for nothing  MY SUGGESTION... Switch companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
simmonsjeffreya
Enthusiast - Level 2

What kind of special bundle did you get when you joined? I know I got far beyond that value, almost double. If you didn't wait around for such a deal, that's on you, not Verizon. If they constantly made Every deal available to Every customer, how would they make money? Besides, no other companies service compares to FiOS. Try getting 35/35+ 24/7 with any other provider, you'll get throttled, terminated, or charged extra fees. Verizon just lets it slide by, even if you do it every single month for 2 years (I know from experience.) That being said, I am a current Verizon customer, who had an account for 2 years. I talked NICELY to them on the phone, didn't threaten to cancel service and guess what, on top of my other deals, which they locked in for another 2 years, I am now getting the multi-room DVR for no cost, AND all the other boxes in my house are included in that free cost. Thanks Verizon, I am now only paying $94.99 for Ultimate HD, MR DVR, 2 extra boxes, 35/35, and home phone.

Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are not like most cases! My inlaws, my friend (actually now 2 friends) each tried to get a deal and were met with complete andd utter rudeness on Verizon's part.  I was absolutely curtious, for you to imply that I was not and that I was at fault here is exactly the rudeness that Verizon used.  I am more likely to believe that you are in fact Verizon management the way you speak to people when writing.  Again, Iall I asked them for was to give me the free DVR, not even to match Optimums price.  I find it hard to believe you're paying $95 after taxes with FIOS.  I'd love to see your bill.

0 Likes
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just disconected.  Person I spoke with was absolutely great!  She actually agreed with me, I was treated poorly AND SHE WOULD HAVE LEFT AS WELL!  She also statred that the only way to get a deal ($101) after taxes) was to actually disconect, get another service, and come back in a year (or sooner)  So jeff, you either just got the FiOS, your working for FiOS,   Adios Fios, see you in a couple years (maybe)  aLSO, tv QUALITY...NOT $500 CHEAPER AT ALL!

0 Likes
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not say anything that bad, however, it said (in slightly different words) that "JEFF" was not telling the truth about his plan. I used aother words that were perfectly fine, no swear words at all;   So I guess I have to treat this blog as I do my kindergarten class LOL.  Anyway, I am completely happy with Optimum now, and $40 more in my wallet each month!   I do like some things better with Fios, however, some things are better with Optimum.  So all in all, I miss the NFL network, but not the crude behavior from the employees that I dealt with.   Good luck all!  Remember, disconnect then come back, you'll save a bundle with this company that cares little about you and more about the $ (as does Optimum, they're all the same).  These companies play you, expect you to thank them for using their dervice when in turn, they should be thanking YOU!  Forget the loyalty, make the switch and then come back, you'll do well with them once they want you back!  Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
UselessVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me assure you that "Because they treat new customers with respect and good deals and not loyal customers like myself (or was loyal). " is totally false. 

I am a new customer (around a week).  And I am not treated with any respect.

xanadar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Verizon internet for my work at home job.  My contract has been up for some time now, and I have tried to re-bundle, but they just offer me a higher price, no incentives, and an attitude with their non-existent customer service.  I am currently shopping around for a better deal, and doubt that I will ever come back.  I sold Verizon fios services door to door, and know they give return customers a great deal on their bundles, but then they lose them again with the way they treat them.  Remember, this company is the old GTE, and for over a century they had a monopoly on their phone service, so it was always, "if you don't like it, you can just live without a phone."  They need to wise up, or live just live without customers.

Not applicable

omg people **bleep**. this is business and youre just mad you couldnt get on the train. You really think they should give every single fios customer free dvr for life? do you people know how businesses are run? Just bitter bitter people. have fun with optimum which is clearly inferior to FIOS.

Nocturnal1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Working in the service indusry as well as being a consumer I find that many people confuse respect with entitlement. If you can't get what you want, and there is nothing you can do to change it, it's usually just best to move on, or accept it. Using loyalty as a bartering chip just doesn't work with large companies today. The current profit margin is the bottom line.