Frustrating And Poor Customer Service
AmusedInk

A few weeks ago I made a change in the equipment I rent.  I had one HD set top box, one digital adapter and one Standard set top box.  The standard box was supposed to be free for as long as I kept Verizon TV service but now Verizon seems to want to charge me for it.  The changes I made seemed simple enough.  I returned the digital adapter and in its place I rented another HD box.  When I logged into my account a couple of days later I went to my equipment list and noticed that there was now a charge associated with the SD box.  I called customer service and spent almost a half hour either on hold or trying to explain my problem.  Finally the customer service rep saw what I saw and the final explanation that I got was that when I made my equipment change "the computer flushed out the grandfathered free SD box".  I then asked that they remove the charge, the deal was that this box was free for as long as I kept Verizon service.  The answer I got to that was that she couldn't.  I told her that that was not acceptable and that there had to be someone that could do something about it, by now I was getting a little annoyed about the whole thing.  She said she would connect me to Customer Retention.  OK, this guys job is supposed to be to keep me happy and a customer.  So now I explain the whole thing again but this time all he keeps saying is "I don't see where your being charged for the SD box".  I try to tell him where to look but all he keeps saying is that he dosen't see a charge.  I ask him why can I see it and he dosen't?  And again all he says is don't worry you won't be charged.  I then ask him for his name, phone number or any way to contact him so I don't have to go through this again when I get my bill and he says, "don't worry I'll be watching your bill".  I ask him again and he says that he made a note and will be watching for my bill to assure that I won't be charged.  Well I got my bill this weekend (the bill that never stops going up) and I'm being charged  for the SD box, not only that but also a 5 day partial bill for last month too.  This whole ordeal took me over 45 miniutes and to no avail.  This shouldn't have happend in the first place but I do understand that mistakes can happen.  What I don't understand is that after spending all that time I couldn't get a name, number or case number but was left with nothing to do but go through the same thing again.  I also didn't appreciate the lip service I was getting from the Customer Retention rep.  I could tell by the way he was talking that he had no intention of bothering with this but I decided to give him the benifit of doubt.  Then I stumbled across this forum.  I was hoping someone might have some advise for me in moving this along.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrating And Poor Customer Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrating And Poor Customer Service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us look into this for you, we have closed out this support case. If you need help in the future please feel free to post on your orignal thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes