Get on the same page
LawrenceHall

I had TV channels showing up as unavailable today, called the number indicated, a service rep was on the phone 10 minutes trying to get thru to my set-top boxes and such and said he'd have to send someone to the house tomorrow.  A few minutes later he texted me a trouble ticket number and instructions to use the fioshelp.verizon.com website to check the ticket status.

TV is working now so I went to fioshelp.verizon.com to check the ticket and see if has been fixed or should I still expect a repairman.  But that site now redirects to http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Dashboard.htm#fios-internet which has no place to enter the trouble ticket number.   It does have an entry for 'check your repair request'  which takes phone number or email--address but comes back saying "We did not find any pending repair requests for your account."

So I ask your "Ask Verizon" automated customer support agent "where can I check the status of a trouble ticket" and it replies "

If you have an open trouble ticket, you can check your trouble ticket status online

Clicking that link there "trouble ticket status online" takes me to https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/NewConnect/localbusinessoffice.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/foryourhome... Which is not online access to trouble tickets, but a list of local Verizon phone numbers.

So I tried your "Live Chat" and its been up there for 40 minutes - not what I'd call 'live'  - at first it said estimated wait of 13 minutes, then 51 minutes, 12 minutes, now 2hours 43 minutes.  

So I was expecting to update a ticket with something like 'BTW the fiber access box in the laundry has a red light marked VID and the TV service came back after 2 hours and that VID light went out - should I still expect a repairman tomorrow?

2 minutes and done - check back later. 

So you need to :

Have the repair department give different tracking info than troubleticketnumber to fioshelp.verizon.com - since a troubleticket is useless at that site.

Get whatever tickets they are opening up into a place where "check your repair request" can find it. 

Fix the time estimation on live chat.  Staff that such that 'live chat' requests aren't queued up over an hour

Get yourselves some E-mail - where your customers can send info or a question and be assured the message will be received and check back later for an answer - instead of hold online for a rep or call us on the phone and hold for a rep.  or 'ASK Verizon' and get back a bad answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes