Good Experience with Install
ronmac7609
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered a Triple Play Bundle in August and just got the install yesterday.  It was a long wait due to the strike but I had a Cox cable bundle already which the contract was up on so I rode that out for 2 months without bundle pricing.  The install time was between 8-12 am and the tech arrived at 0930. He removed older wiring and junction box from the home that must have been the previous copper line.  New line was run and all the installation was inside.  The install took about 3 hours and the tech was polite and kept me informed most of the way.  The install was neat and everything worked fine.  He took the time to explain things and asked if I had any questions.  If I was to pick on one thing, he didn't vacuum the sheetrock dust from installing the ONT in my finished basement. 

I received a new QIP7232 2 for my HD/DVR, a basic STB for the kitchen area and an Actiontec MI424-WR Rev F router.  I only signed up for Prime, 15/5 and Digital unlimited phone for now to see how this goes.  It is substantially cheaper than my bundled Cox was and my internet speeds have been consistently above (upload) the 15/5, where Cox would drop pretty low at busy times of the day/night.  The picture seems much better, unsure if it is due to Fios itself or the Cox DVR not having an HDMI port and having to use Composite AV cables.  The remote has no Aux buttons for my Blue Ray player so I had to dig out the original controller.  The basic STB in the kitchen's picture was leaps and bounds better than the direct Cox coax to that TV.  I had several episodes of Cox Digital phone dying over the last 6 months with Cox having to come about 5 times to try and fix it.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out with Fios and there are no billing issues.   

This install was in Rhode Island.  Canceling Cox was an experience as well as dropping their equipment off. 

Re: Good Experience with Install
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for the positive report! Please remember to reach out to us anytime you need assistance.