Government Employee Discount
Sittoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying to qualify for this $10 discount for along time as I have worked for the federal government 25 years and am a senior citizen. When I go to the connections page, employer is not listed so how can i add it when it is required. Crazy!!   I have attempted to reach out to various phone support to no avail. Even been on hold over an hour. This is very aggravating and poor customer service. Does anyone actually have a solution to get this discount? Thank you, Steve

Re: Government Employee Discount
jonjones1
Legend

There is no government employee discount on fios.or for senior citizens.

there is on wireless. On employer and veteran discount.

if you signed up for a triple play or double play or even stand alone service the verizon connections can be accessed on initial sign up.

https://www.verizon.com/home/verizonconnections

0 Likes
Sittoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much! Naturally the customer service representative misled me. Verizon support has gone downhill. Tired of waiting one hour plus to speak to someone. Exploring Comcast. 

0 Likes
Sittoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much! 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Sittoo wrote:

Thank you very much! 

My pleasure. 

0 Likes
JustAsking12345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this still available? I'm not seeing a federal employee option.  

IH784
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’d like to know as well. 

0 Likes
Diapason8

I'm not sure it is any more. I tried to verify my status and it now says active duty military, retired or veteran or Gold Star family. 

No option for civilian Defense Dept or other federal employees. 

I tried entering my work email and going through that process and it said that at best, I could be eligible for 8% off the Access Fee, whatever that is. 

Agreed- Verizon has done down hill. They just jacked up their rates on all my lines and now I'm losing a discount. 

0 Likes