HBO GO App Log-in failues
rpfloyd3

Not sure who's fault it is but the hbogo app doesn't even bring up the Verizon authentication page to allow me to sign in. The obviously Chrome-looking error page states "to many redirects". Been that way for weeks. Contents of that error page copied here:

Webpage not available

The webpage at https://ssoauth.verizon.com/sso/VOLPortalLogin?loginType=vzRedirect&TOP=no&scb=true&TARGET=https://a... not be loaded because:

net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HBO GO App Log-in failues
Joekeegan1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello , 

I have been having the same issues for a while now,  I was able to accidentally get around it in a fairly easy way.

I get the same issue reported in this thread (too many redirects) and I tried all of the suggested fixes (remove app / reinstall app / clear device cache) to no avail.

I thought I'd try to see if it worked in the mobile browser (Chrome) but it detected that I was on a mobile browser and only had a link to open hbo go with the android app  . Grrr frustrating .. So I told the browser to open the desktop site instead (chrome - options - open desktop site box gets checked ).

From here  sign in choosing fios and chrome will prompt you to open hbo go app again .. This time say yes and voila, you're authenticated and your app works again!

I can only think that the app Has the wrong auth page hard coded in it since it's only an issue in the app. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clearing cache and/or cookies.

0 Likes
Ashkettle

Clearing doesn't do anything.  Nice try, but it's not the problem.  If it were, incognito mode would work also.  The verizon site, in general is a pile of junk which only occasionally works for viewing.  Any time you leave for external auth, it falls apart.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can say I generally don't have issues.

Have you tried another browser?

0 Likes
Schwenksville

This is happening from the HBO Go app, not a browser.  The app is making an web service call to the Verizon  authentication server and it fails.  Please fix the server web service.

0 Likes
frank4444

Verizon authentication process between networks/channels is BROKEN.  Below is an example since STARZ has never worked.  However, plenty other networks/channels are broken as well.

***Steps to reproduce > login > Watch Fios > Movies > Premium Networks > STARZ > Select a movie > *new browser window opens for STARZ > select VERIZON Fios as provider > Movie screen opens > Select Play > Error *ssoauth.verizon.com redirected you too many times. > this error was replicated at about 7:20am EST today with username ****

Please send the replication steps to your technical team. It is not a browser related issue or network issue. I have cleared cache, cookies, etc.  Below are some network traces.

0 Likes
frank4444
    1. Request URL:
    2. Request Method:
      GET
    3. Status Code:
      307 Internal Redirect
    4. Referrer Policy:
      no-referrer-when-downgrade
  1. Response Headersview parsed
    1. HTTP/1.1 307 Internal Redirect Location: https://assets.adobedtm.com/10d5272d092923c410feae744225087686012423/mbox-contents-38b8f99ca10f023c5... Non-Authoritative-Reason: Delegate
0 Likes
vzwNYC

THIS is so frustrating this is happening for HBOGO, TNT and a number of other channels when trying to watch through my ROKU app. 

PLEASE fix this. The issue is VZW's terribly programmed website, which is unable to authenticate on the first login, throwing it to a general sign-in to the website. UGH. 

0 Likes
Joekeegan1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello , 

I have been having the same issues for a while now,  I was able to accidentally get around it in a fairly easy way.

I get the same issue reported in this thread (too many redirects) and I tried all of the suggested fixes (remove app / reinstall app / clear device cache) to no avail.

I thought I'd try to see if it worked in the mobile browser (Chrome) but it detected that I was on a mobile browser and only had a link to open hbo go with the android app  . Grrr frustrating .. So I told the browser to open the desktop site instead (chrome - options - open desktop site box gets checked ).

From here  sign in choosing fios and chrome will prompt you to open hbo go app again .. This time say yes and voila, you're authenticated and your app works again!

I can only think that the app Has the wrong auth page hard coded in it since it's only an issue in the app. 

0 Likes