HORRIBLE Customer Service
ericah
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else experienced awful customer service?  I have had the worst time trying to get a simple problem resolved.  I think any other company would have immediately tended to the issue.  But, with Verizon, I have spent hours on the phone over the course of three months and my problem was never resolved.  I finally went to pay the money that I 'owe' them, and their online payment center messed up... causing me to spend MORE time on hold listening to their lovely elevator music that plays for one second and then cuts off... then plays for a second and then cuts off.  Needless to say I am very frustrated with the level or customer service I have received from Verizon.  Their wait times are too long, people promise to call me back and (of course) they don't and they do not take responsibility for what their sales people promise. 

I for one will not be opening any other accounts with Verizon and I intend to spread the word to all of my friends.

Re: HORRIBLE Customer Service
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have too, and I am sure other people..

--

What is your issue?

Perhaps the people on this message board can help you?

However please do not post info that you want everyone to see, like....

#1 Full Phone number

#2 Full snail mail (or e-mail) Address

#3 Full Public IP. Which is any IP, expect these three ranges:

a) 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255

b) 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255

c) 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

#4 Full MAC Address. Only the first two sets will do...

Example of a full MAC Address: 08:00:69:02:01:FC

To look up the first two sets most people use, http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/

IHateVer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, I've been a customer for 6 months and have experienced multiple issues with no resolution.  I was even told by multiple phone customer service reps they don't take complaints over the phone.  But email and web have gotten no response at all.  The stores are just as bad as the phone.  In an economy like this, you would think this company would care about it's customers.  If Verizon starts to lay people off, these people will have no one to blame but themselves and will get no sympathy from me.

I can't wait until my contract is up - AT&T or Sprint here I come!!!

shanepcarey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me tell you a story.

Back in January, I had my services re-established.  When I did, they split my accounts.  On one account, I had TV, and on the other I had Internet.

For the last 6 weeks, I have been trying to get them to merge the accounts into one account under the Double Play bundle.  They finally succeeded this past week.  For the last month, I have been trying to get my account upgraded to the Triple Play, with phone service.  I have called on this issue more than 12 times.  

I finally got an order in the system for the upgrade, and scheduled for service install today, 3/29 between 1 and 3 PM.  They did not show.  When I contacted customer service, they told me the order was not properly processed.  I have to call back yet again tomorrow to schedule another order.

We are about to cancel our services and switch to Brighthouse Networks due to the repeated customer service failures.

{please keep it relevant}

Message Edited by KaLin on 03-29-2009 05:51 PM
ericah
Enthusiast - Level 2
well... I hope it worked out for you... but if I were you I would leave Verizon and get your services from Brighthouse Networks!
ericah
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm with you on that one!  I'm totally switching as soon as my contract is up!  and I know that Verizon is huge - but what's going on right now with the economy shows us that no company is safe... Verizon should be bending over backwards to keep their customers - but they do not seem to be concerned with that.  I agree with you that they have no one to blame but themselves when their company fails.
Anjel1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Can I get an AMEN?  OMG...I have dsl...I have the westell 327W modem/wireless router{please keep your posts courteous}...not enough bandwidth for the price...I called when my router quit working, because they did not want to help me with port forwarding the beast!  Westell no longer handles verizon's routers...when you put in the ip address in the address bar a verizon page pops up with more icons and {word filter avoidance} then their toolbar (useless waste of harddrive) anyway...I was dropped by 3 "accidentally" and none of them had a clue as to how to port forward ANY router!!  WTH is up with that?  But they are more than happy to charge me by the minute for a real internet tech...When calling...get a name and employee number and their extension, some won't give it to you!  Ask for a Supervisor and if they don't give you what you want before you ask your question...ask for their Supervisor!  After awhile...they know you aren't joking around on hold and dropped and frustrated...Squeaky wheels that go higher and higher get oiled first and what is up with the barely speaking English?  Come on people!  These aren't Spanish speaking techs either...and instead of learning inflection and proper pronunciation, they get an awful attitude and just get louder and louder and meaner with each passing "I sdidn't understand a word you said!" , "starting 25 minutes ago...I wish I could say I was just kidding...it took hours and hours and 2 days and they still have not gotten it "right" and have a team of techs trying to figure out why I am having so much trouble when the answer was the problem in the first place...you guessed it...port forwarding!!  They refuse to believe it...and I can't wait til my friend gets here and takes care of it in 10 minutes!!  Oh and they are offering their 3Mbps with phone service for $45/month if you order it online...unless you already have internet...I am paying as much for just 768kbps and no phone as their offer and I have fulfilled my 2 year contract at my current price...you know why?  VONAGE!  When I ordered the service and Vonage requested my number transfer, I suddenly wasn't close enough to the end of their trunk line to get it...the fun was when I told them I had already had their service at this same address 3 years ago...had em by the shorts on that one!!  They tried everything but cussing me out and quitting the internet business!  Now that I want the bundle, I'm screwed...even after everything they've put me through!!  Sorry so long...I bow off the soap box for now and keep spreading the news...eventually they will get the common sense things down to the science they claim with their "network" behind you...as the TV commercials declare...what a joke!!
Message Edited by KaLin on 03-31-2009 12:15 AM
0 Likes
angry91
When I called to see how I could improve the internet service, I was told I could not.  She then told me to cancel and try a DSL service.  I am waiting for my contract to end and will switch back to Cablevision
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anjel wrote:
because they did not want to help me with port forwarding the beast! 

No kidding.

As to why they do not help you (or us), follow this "path":

http://www.dslwebserver.com/ -> under Quick start, go to Connection..

Please note: This assumes that you are not on "business class".

^^

If you are on the Business plan, I have no idea.

I went to http://www22.verizon.com/content/businessdsl/faqs/faqs.htm

I clicked on "Can I use any modem with my Verizon High Speed Internet for Business service?" and checked the list of modems that they say you should use..

@Anjel wrote:
When you put in the ip address in the address bar a verizon page pops up with more icons and

Go to http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

and find the router guide that is the closest to your router screens.

Since you said something about VONAGE, I think I know what is going on.

You are most likely Double NATTED.

You have a westell 327W modem/wireless router and a VONAGE router.

What is the brand and model of that VONAGE router?
GaBulldawg1
I agree. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for six years and never had a problem with them until recently. Their insurance is a complete rip-off and I don't like that they do not provide you with a copy of the terms yet they still charge you for it. Then if something goes wrong with the phone their policy now (used to not be this way) is to blame the customer for the defect that way the insurance is charged and then you have to pay the deductible. I just had to order a replacement phone and am scared that the same problem may continue to exist (a phone defect) and I will keep getting burned more. It took me a week to just get back to square 1 with them. I have spoken to over 10 employees at Verizon just on this one matter and it is very frustrating. I have spent a lot of money as has my company with Verizon. I am partly at fault though as I had an indication their customer service was getting bad, but in my rush thought things had been good in the past and certainly what I had experienced in the past was not reflective of them overall or indicative of future customer service. I could slap myself for resigning a contract with them. Regardless, I am trying to share my experiences with as many friends, family and colleagues as possible. Six have told me that they already switched because of the many Verizon horror stories they heard or their own bad experiences with them. If your company has a company wide employee website that might be a good way to share feedback with colleagues on these matters.
0 Likes