HORRIBLE SERVICE
highiqued

I have been a customer of Verizon for nearly 40 years.  Today I have been on the phone with their Customer Service Department all morning long and have spoken to 4 different people  who cannot help me in any way shape or form.

When I started using Verizon my bill for landline service was $17.00.  I am not unrealistic or delusional to believe that my service over 40 years would remain the same.  However, I am also not delusional enough to believe they have behaved in an ethical manner.  Beginning with 2015, my bill increased to $33.28, in 2016 in increased to $44.28; in 2017 I began paying $55.77.  I can deal with that as well.  Today I received a new bill for $99.22.  That's right $99.22 which means for the public and increase of $64.00.

I am retired and the only thing I have is a landline, which, by the way, I do not use at all since I have a cell phone (not with Verizon). and my internet service.  That's it.

I have tried speaking today to someone who could rectify this situation.  I have even looked into another internet provider.  Funny but in my area, Verizon has the monopoly on the internet service.  Convenient.  I have spoken to people in New York who have told me I was receiving a credit that I did not deserve... a credit since 2014, I don't think so.  Customer Retention... what a ridiculous name, Verizon could care less if they have a customer for 4 days least of all for 40 years.  This is totally ludicrous.  I have asked to speak to Supervisors who have no authority whatsoever, and who look at the notes and make a pre-conceived determination based on what is typed in there.  I know, I have worked in CS for many years.  Whatever happened to the "customer is always right" mentality.  How rude and unbending corporate America and specifically VERIZON have become.

So I am basically coerced into paying a $64.00 increase since there is no other option for internet service in my area.  I cannot express how angry I am at this moment.  

Believe me, if there was another option, I would discontinue my service with VERIZON forever.  I know that this forum is not read by anyone with authority working at Verizon.  I even asked one of the reps to give me the name of the CEO.  She said she could not do that.  She could not GIVE ME information that must be publicly listed with the SCC of any state.  So I will dig it up myself and contact every member of the members on the Board of Directors for Verizon that I can track down.

This is a horrible horrible and unprofessional company that I am dealing with and I cannot comprehend how or when they got the upper hand in the corporate world.

Verizon... you suck.

0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE SERVICE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi highiqued,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes