HORRIBLE Service from field tech, then phone support.
krz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just signed up for a triple play bundle. I live in an older house so I had purchased 3 coax wall connections to be installed for around 160.00. I have a high powered OTA Antenna on my house, and have it wired to the TV's, my media centers, and to my TV's on the porch as well.

The tech came, and disconnected my antenna from my 4-way monster splitter that I had set up (going through my basement). Instead of giving me the wall outlets like I had paid for, he used my existing coax that I ran back in the mid 90's. Keep in mind this is RG5.9 coax, and not RG6.0 as the current standards use. 

So to make a long story short; this "technician" has swapped out my 4-way monster splitter (and he kept it) to some cheap 2-way splitter. He disconnected my antenna from all of the TV's in my house, which I now have to run coax for, since he did not do his job. Verizon should be paying me at this point just to fix the crap this wanna-be tech screwed up because he was being lazy. I specifically asked for wall outlets just so my media centers, and my other TV's would not be affected by this. 

I called verizon to complain today, I was transferred EIGHT times. Finally after the 8th time of having to repeat myself, having to reverify all of the information that I had done EIGHT OTHER TIMES, I told the guy I can't deal with this crap, I'd call back later when I had another ONE HOUR AND THIRTY ONE MINUTES to spare. Yes, transferred and on the phone for over an hour and a half. 

It's only been a day and I'm ready to cancel all of my services with verizon and go elsewhere. This is a **bleep**-poor job, and it's actually costing ME money to fix it.

If anyone is looking to start service with verizon, I'd stay away at this point unless you want to shadow the techs and make sure they actually do their jobs. Unfortantly for me, I was out of the house and my girlfriend was the one here to "oversee" it. 

Re: HORRIBLE Service from field tech, then phone support.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi krz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Krz,

We've had to close your private support case due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please reach out us by creating a public posting in this thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
krz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't reply because nobody seemed to care nor gave a rats **bleep** about me having to repair the damage he caused. A "supervisor" called told me it's Verizon's policy to ignore what workorders say and to just disconnect existing wiring, even though I requested otherwise. Also he told me he would get my splitter back and call me back. That never happened. Total waste of my time with Verizon, it's "techs", and it's supervisor.

0 Likes