Harassing salesmen at me door
khiggins87

Dear Verizon,

I have finally reached by boiling point. I am sick and tired of your annoying phone calls, obnoxious mailings, and ignorant sales people harrasing me everyday. The straw that broke the camel's back happened thursday at dinner time. Yet another salesman was at my door trying to feed me lies about how I should definitely switch to fios. When I politiely declined and asked him not to come back to ask again, he began by giving me the third degree about my decision. When I told him that I would never change my mind, he called me hostile and ignorant. When I told him to have a nice day and closed my door. He mumbled a profanities over his breath. Then,  I found a nasty note stating that maybe I would have been removed from the do not knock list if I wasn't so **bleep** rude. So, GOODBYE VERIZON!!!! I will be cancelling every service that I have with you!!! STOP HARASSING ME!!

0 Likes
Re: Harassing salesmen at me door
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am really sorry for the treatment you received from the rep. Did you happen to catch their name?

0 Likes
kmdinva

I am posting here because it is related to the original posters story.

I had two gentleman show up at my door today(one wearing a Verizon shirt the other in a suit). They explained to me that Verizon is phasing out DSL service,which I currently have, and I would need to upgrade to Fios. The continued that Verizon would come out to install and I would have to pay $55 for that. Confused I asked if he was telling me I had no choice and was being required to change my service or if he was offering me the opportunity to upgrade. He did not seem to understand my questioning and continued on telling me how much better Fios was then the current service I have.

I listened to his brief pitch and then said no thank you I was not interested at the time. He persisted,I declined. He then checked his paperwork and saw the account was under my wife's name ( I am listed as an account manager) proceeding to ask if she was home. Again I stated I was not interested in switching to Fios. He still persisted.

At this point I explained that I was being polite with him to this point and it was now time for him to leave. He continued to try to give me a salespitch. I explained that at this point if he did not leave immediately I would call the police and have him charged with trespass. He then decided it was better to leave.

I am posting in the hopes that Verizon will work harder to train these reps on how to interact with customers. Given this interaction do you think I am more or less likely to want to continue being connected to Verizon?

I I did some research and did find that in my state no solicitor signs are required to be observed. I now have mine posted.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry for the issuses you were having with the foor to door rep and apologize for the confusion. In certain areas in FL, yes its a mandatory switch.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

In certain areas in FL, yes its a mandatory switch.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25340944-?hilite=mandatory

After reading that whole thread, I don't believe you.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am not sure of the source of the information in the thread you are referencing. I am sorry that you believe I am not telling the truth. The basis of my information comes from an email to my Verizon corporate email account.

Wesley Chapel, FL is the area this one particular email mentioned. Whether there are other areas elsewhere going through the same, I'm not sure. Customers will receive to letters in the mail detailing low tier FIOS plans then can switch to that would keep the costs at a minimum. They do have the option to to subscribe to our fully charged FIOS speeds should they desire. If no action is taken by the determined cut off date, copper services will be automatically disconnected. This is only happening in areas where both FIOS and copper both are.

kmdinva

Could you elaborate on what you mean by mandatory? I would assume you mean if I want to keep Verizon as my provider

Is Verizons method of notifying customers to have reps go door to door or would they provide something in writing with specifics?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Yes there are 2 mailers going out to those customers advising in those areas the copper service will be discontinued at a certain date. If those people wish to have any service with Verizon they will need to signup for any FIOS package.

0 Likes
Lobosco

I had a harrassing and annoying salesmen at my front door too. Verizon is not going to win over new customers with this tactic. How do I get off of their list?

I was considering going to Verizon before, but no thank you. Sticking with Comcast. The salesman started off nice enough but when he knew I wasn't biting he got actually annoyed. He told me to just sign up with him and cancel the next day because he just gets credit for sign ups not cancels. UNBELIVABLE!

I would never go with Verizon for anything ever - ever.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Lobosco wrote:

I had a harrassing and annoying salesmen at my front door too. Verizon is not going to win over new customers with this tactic. How do I get off of their list?

I was considering going to Verizon before, but no thank you. Sticking with Comcast. The salesman started off nice enough but when he knew I wasn't biting he got actually annoyed. He told me to just sign up with him and cancel the next day because he just gets credit for sign ups not cancels. UNBELIVABLE!

I would never go with Verizon for anything ever - ever.

...This is why Sales is the arch-enemy of Tech Support. For almost any company. Sales will promise anything, even things that aren't possible, to get the commission. Tech Support then has to deal with the fallout from those lies, and the salesperson never has to hear another word about it. It *is* odd that one would be so forthcoming about that fact, though. I guess at least he was honest?

0 Likes