Help Please! I am trying to get the 7232 DVR
Rwardlow

I have been trying to get the 7232 DVR since installation.

My Triple Play was installed on 12/23/2011 and I was given NO DVR.

I was told I needed to go to the neaest store to get my DVR. At the store they told me they did not have the 7232 but gave me an older DVR, the only one they had in stock but I should call customer service to get the 7232 DVR.

I called customer service and they said I could only order the 7232 online. I ordered it online around 1/1/2012. Ticket NJDQ026S1V

I called customer service today and they have no idea where I am in the waiting list and how long it will take.

I don't think it si fair that since the installer made a mistake that I get stuck with an old DVR.

Please tell me what I can do

Thank you for your help 

0 Likes
Re: Help Please! I am trying to get the 7232 DVR
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The installer did not make a mistake. Installs are done with available equipment. The installation tech likely did not have that box. That ticket you referenced did not show ordering a box. The 7232 can not be ordered on the phone. It must be ordered online. Please follow these steps...

Go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral 

1. Sign In
  2. Select the “FiOS TV” Tab
  3. Select “Settings”  sub-listing
  4. Select “Set Top Boxes” from the drop down list
  5. Select the “Go” button under “Want more from your FiOS DVR.”
forress
Enthusiast - Level 1

Be ready to pay $40 extra for the 7232 online.

I'm in the same boat as you except I wanted to ugprade my old 7216 DVR to a multiroom DVR which I thought would be the 7232 (500GB).  When I went to VZ store to pick up my new DVR, they said they don't have it in stock but they will give me a multiroom 7216.  I didn't feel like swapping my 7216 for another 7216.  After 10 phone calls to verzion CS and all the Verizon stores in NJ, they all pointed to me the website to pay another $40 for my upgrade.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@forress wrote:

Be ready to pay $40 extra for the 7232 online.

I'm in the same boat as you except I wanted to ugprade my old 7216 DVR to a multiroom DVR which I thought would be the 7232 (500GB).  When I went to VZ store to pick up my new DVR, they said they don't have it in stock but they will give me a multiroom 7216.  I didn't feel like swapping my 7216 for another 7216.  After 10 phone calls to verzion CS and all the Verizon stores in NJ, they all pointed to me the website to pay another $40 for my upgrade.

There is no difference, hardwarewise, between a 7216 without multiroom and one with.   Its just a software change.  You can upgrade your existing 7216.  It was somewhere in the menu's when I did it, although i think some have said you  need to call them to activate it now.

forress
Enthusiast - Level 1

The menu you are referring to, are you talking about menu on their website or menu on the DVR?

Thanks

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@forress wrote:

The menu you are referring to, are you talking about menu on their website or menu on the DVR?

Thanks

Menu on the DVR.

0 Likes
forress
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've mis-understood, thought you were talking about upgrading a 7216 to a 7232 via the menu on the DVR.  My 7216 was multiroom enabled already.

Looks like there's still a shortage of the 7232 and the only way to get it is to pay the $40 ransom via the web.  I've call all the stores in NY, NJ, DE.

0 Likes
Rwardlow

Hi Anthony

Thanks for your reply but you misunderstood me.

The installer left me with NO DVR only set top boxes.

I had to go to the store to get a DVR.

I think I should be able to get the latest DVR but that is beside the point. I will pay the $40 to get the best DVR, but I have not been able to do it.

I tried ordering online as you suggested but that was am month ago and I can't find anyone who has a record of my order.

I will order it again online like you said

Thanks 

0 Likes