High Speed woes
Tighthead420
Enthusiast - Level 1

Or lack thereof I should say.  I have no idea what to do, Verizon.  I live in an area which is not served by anything.  I lost one job already because no internet is available (don't dare tell me dial-up and satellite...and the cell phone signal at my house is garbage...nothing but dialup).  I call Verizon and ask to get DSL  I am told we are too far from the local office (we are not...only a few miles away).  I ask to get some sort of DSL loop extender.  Again I am basicvally told to {word filter avoidance}  "we are sorry, but we are not expanding DSL."  Fine...what about FiOS..."We are sorry but we must fulfill other obligations first."  The problem is that our area is not that rural.  We live only a few miles outside of town.  I spent a weekend in the winter in a small middle of nowhere dump town in WA state which was MUCH more rural than my house, and they had high speed internet...so what is the deal here, Verizon?  It's not just you, Comcast gives me the same {word filter avoidance}.  I cannot get any answer as to why there is no DSL.  I have called state, local and federal legislators...I have sent letters, emails, phone calls and been a HUGE pain to you, and still you won't allow me to give you money.  Do you understand?  We want to give you money...we want to buy your product today!  I have absolutely had it and am about to get my neighbors together to start some sort of legal action.  I do not need the latest and greatest FiOS internet package,  But for crying out loud...no DSL?  That's ludicrous in 2010.