Home phone, internet, and Fios TV billing on credit report
rock1961

Last year I cancelled Verizon home phone and internet due to their continued false promises to bring Fios TV to my area and losing my internet connection everytime it rained. I switched over to Comcast, which I've had no issues at all.

Verizon billed me for a future time period, which I did not pay due to the service already being cancelled. They then switched my account number and since October have continued to send me invoices, on the new account number, showing a credit balance of -$32.07, this has beem going on for aprox 5 months now-why not just refund it? Issue #2 is that they also continue to bill me under the old account number for $61.76, which I do not owe since service was cancelled. Yesterday I received both a credit invoice under the new account number and a letter from a collection agency for the old account number. I have called multiple times, tried live chat, all to no avail. I have now written and sent copies of everything to the State Attorney Generals Office and the State Consumer Protection Agency. I hope to get this mess straightened out before Verizon causes black marks on mycredit report.

0 Likes
Re: Home phone, internet, and Fios TV billing on credit report
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rock1961,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Home phone, internet, and Fios TV billing on credit report
rock1961

Last year, Oct 2015, I cancelled Verizon home phone and DSL due to their continued false promises to bring Fios TV to my area and losing my internet connection everytime it rained. I switched over to Comcast, which I've had no issues at all.

Verizon billed me for a future time period, which I did not pay due to the service already being cancelled. They then switched my account number and since October have continued to send me invoices, on the new account number, showing a credit balance of over $60., It took them 9 months but they finally refunded this money last week. The issue that remains however is that Verizon also continued to bill me under the old account number for $61.76, which I do not owe since service was cancelled. For months, every month, I received both a credit invoice under the new account number and a letter from a collection agency for the old account number. I have called multiple times, I have written letters and tried live chat, all to no avail. Verizon issued me a refund but never closed the old account and have sent me to a collection agency and my credit score has taken a hit due to their error. I contacted every credit agency, the collection agency and Verizon once again. I heard from both the credit agencys and the collection agency, who both stated they have found no credible evidence to show this debt is vaild and have closed the issue. Now today, 7/5/2016, I now received a new letter, from a new collection agency representing Verizon, stating I owe $61.76. This after they just sent me a refund check last week, dated 6/20/16, for $69.07???? How can I owe you money if you just issued me a refund???? This issue has gone on for 10 months. Phone calls, letters, chats, nothing has solved it. Verizon does not respond with any answers. I'm always told that someone will look into it but they cannot figure out their own mistake and never get back in touch with me.

0 Likes
Re: Home phone, internet, and Fios TV billing on credit report
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rock1961,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes