Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Horrible Customer Service

Lisac72
Contributor
Contributor

Horrible Customer Service

Message 1 of 1
(374 Views)

I have been a verizon customer for 9 years and am so disgusted with customer NON service that I am ready to switch. 18 months ago I had to fight a battle to remove the home phone service from my account after the "contract" was over. It took over 5 phone calls to get an agent to finally remove it. I then "signed" a new 2 year contract for the Double Play. About 8 months later I moved literally 1/2 mile down the road and miraculously, the same Double Play contract I had just signed was "not available" so I was forced by the company to "sign" a new 2 year "contract" for services that supposivley included the exact same thing I had (which by the way, it does not). Fast forward 14 months: I wanted to see the current price for the actual services I had prior to my move and went on-line to check it. That package that I had prior to my move is literally the exact same price I pay now for less service. So I called customer service to inquire why I, as a customer for over 9 years, would have to pay $20 more a month for the same service than what a "new" customer would pay. I have now spent three more phone calls and one chat session with the most horrible customer service I have ever had to endure. My first phone call was sent to sales that immediately informed me that they could not assist me since I am already a verizon customer. That individual transferred me to customer service who ironically was "not available" until the next day, so the computer told me to chat on-line with a representative or call back after 8 the next day, and hung up on me. I joined a chat with "Howard" who clearly did not speak English ("please I share with you current deal I give you"), literally copied from the chat.That of course went no where so I patiently waited until today to get an actual human being. First agent wanted to "help me" by giving me the "best price available" which was $30 a month more. She then wanted to "cut me a deal" to make it only $20 a month more since I have a "contract" and was a "loyal" customer and she "couldn't even give new customers that deal". I quoted her the pricing from verizon's own website which is exactly what I pay now to the penny. She then informed me that she does not have access to the online pricing so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor immediately had an attitude with me and informed me that if I wanted the current price for that package, I would have to cancel my services, pay an early cancellation fee, return all equipment, and then I could sign up for the current packages, but if I move, my contract is over. What a way to treat your customers of 9 years verizon. 10 months left on this "contract" of your services unless I move to my rental property 1/2 mile down the road. Then you'll give me the better services as a "new" customer at the same price for less services as a "loyal" customer.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title