Horrible Customer Service
pchristensen72

I want to thank Verizon for showing me what my loyalty has paid for. I have been a customer for over 10 years now using several service such as wireless phone service, triple play fios, wireless internet and they have basically told me that they no longer need my money and that I can go elsewhere. Here is what happened. I recently had my cell phone stolen. I knew I had insurance on one of my phones so I called to see what can be done. Unfortunately my other phone was the one that had the insurance. I said okay, what are my options. I was then told that I could simply add a new line and they would suspend my other line. I asked if I would have to pay for both line and she said no that it would essentially be a wash. Well my next 2 bills were $80 more so I finally called to find out what was going on. It appears that the suspension of the line was only 30 days and then it got turned back on. They also then informed me that for every month that phone is suspended it tacks on a month to the contract. I let them know that this was not what I was told when I purchased this other phone and line. I also said if that was the case it would have been better for me to buy a phone at full retail and just keep my line. They simply said there was nothing they could do. I asked for a Supervisor (who is probably just the person in the next cubical) and they said the same thing. I then asked if I can actually speak to someone that has authority to rectify the situation. She told me that she would "note" my file. I then said if no one gets back to me then you guys dont care, right? She said no, we do care. I said so then someone will get back to me then? She said, hopefully someone will get back to you. Hopefully??? Well I just want to thank Verizon again for making it easy to cancel my Fios package and go with direct tv and will soon be cancelling my 3 cell lines and will go with another carrier as well. I guess they are comfortable with the thousands they will lose by me leaving then the few hundred it would have cost them to rectify a wrong. Props to Verizon, way to go.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry but we do not have access to Wireless account. You can post this on the Verizon Wireless board to grab the attention of a Wireless rep who can assist.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service
minded
Contributor - Level 1

Are you willing to pay full retail for the phone?  it may be less expensive to break your contract than to pay full retail for the phone.

0 Likes