Horrible customer service
abc1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has the worse customer service ever! As a new customer, I ordered phone + internet + TV services together. 3 weeks from the first installation appointment, I still did not have my phone service. Called customer service department to find out what happened, they just transferred you from one department to another, repairing to installation to tech support, and then from tech support to order inquiring to sale department. Each department works individually, it was simply a mess and torture to deal with Verizon. I have to cancel my order and go for a different company at the end. It was a total disappointment!!!

Tags (1)
Re: Horrible customer service
jsroka13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've found that every time I call Verizon, the people are very rude. I switched to Sprint today.

WhyBother
Enthusiast - Level 2

The one, actual human being I got to talk to after two hours on the phone was nice enough, but not the sharpest crayon in the box if you get my drift and completely unable to help because she doesn't have access to current billing information.

aprilh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!!! They were not helpful, very disappointed.

Weave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess we all have a horror story with Verizon due to their extremely poor and unprofessional staff.  They figure they are doing YOU a favor just to let you use their services.  In my case I spent a few hours on the phone to make a simple change to my auto pay payment source.  It was NEVER resolved... between being transferred from one person to another and entering and reentering my phone number and account number and waiting on hold and then to top it off... nothing got accomplished.  {please keep your posts courteous}  I'm pretty sure that they tag your file so that if you complain in any way, the next operator simply screws with you too and on down the road.  This is what happens when a company gets to be too big - they can lose thousands of customers to the competition and they are unaffected.  I'll find a way to complain to the utility commission, but of course that is just as good as **bleep**ing in the wind.

dkhenry12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I, too, have found Verizon customer service very disjointed.  I cringe when I have to call them.

Having said that, I DO find this forum very helpful..  There are several people here to include SuzyQ and MM???? from New Mexico that are really good at sharing info.

I don't like the info I get from Verizon, per say, but truly appreciate the forum.

I came from Sprint because of poor coverage at my wife's office/school.  I liked sprint for all but that reason.  I found Verizon not good (customer service) at first.  But am liking it a lot better today because of the forum.

THanks

DK

u0042138

I have had excellent results with Verizon service especially when i have gone to my local store in Woodbury, MN.  The people at the store have been extremely friendly and helpul.  We had an especially good experience last night with a young man named Adam.

0 Likes
bharatmd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   After reading all these posts about  horrible service from verizon, I am wondering  why they are still in buisness.I agree with  everyone. {please keep your posts courteous}...I am definitely going to look for malternatives.

Drinkie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Customer Service? Ha, that's funny, I have been going backwards and forwards with them for three or four months over my one bill, and how they continue to have charges in there that are incorrect, for many different reasons. I too cringe at the prospect of calling them. 

I will say I have had some courteous people on the phone, although half way through one call the one guy said sorry I can't help you and wished me a nice day and hung up. In that case I was actually asking for some extra channels to be turned on and to be billed more, so you would think he would be fine!

I dread the bill every month only because I am confident that there will be problems on it. Then I have to call....... I get set at my desk at home, make sure I have a drink and a snack (I will be on for a while, and that's just getting through the automated menu's.) hit the bathroom to be sure (don't want to finally get through and need to ask them to hold a moment!) I use  headset so I do not cramp up holding a handset to my ear, and then dial......You all know the tune, you get so many options its like 'hit option 9 if you forgot what option 1, 2, 3 were'. Constantly hitting 0 tends to eventually get you to a real person from some part of the world. Then they tell you how much it would be a their pleasure to assist me today. They run through questions, verify this, that the other, and then we get to where they CAN help me! My drink is long gone, my snack eaten and a distant memory, and then I begin to explain...... We go through the routine of them pulling up my account, seeming perplexed by my request to review the bill or whatever question I have, and then they often start to make some noises, snorting, hmmmm, ' it would still be my pleasure to help you today sir', etc.

We go through the items, they repeat them back, they may or may not fix them (that's a crap shoot that you won't for sure discover until the next bill), they try to get to a resolution, their system often freezes, they put me on hold, (I need another snack and drink by now). We finally get to a point that I think we are good, and they ask if they have resolved my issues, and that its been their pleasure to 'help' me, and I wish them a good day.

Its sometimes an hour from start to finish, its tiring, its frustrating, but its Verizon customer service. I just wish they could get the darned billing right.........

potwic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have lost count how many hours I have spent on the phone trying to correct this promotional error for the netbook. I was signed up with Verizon by a third party who miss quoted the promotion. I have called many times to this third party, verizon and verizon rewards to try to fix it. I must say Verizon has corrected the problem but only by me calling many times. I asked the main supervisor what she could do for all my lost time on the phone and she said my situation has been taken care of. I was expecting and slight "bone" of a free channel or discount for a month - just anything really.  I also think that Verizon needs to have more control of any third party company they authorize to sell for them and speak on their behalf. I don't think this can be escalated to a higher level but maybe this will help someone else in a similar situation. It shouldn't be this hard to sign up for FIOS and get a promotional item.