Re: Horrible customer service
DLH571
Enthusiast - Level 1

I 100% AGREE!! We went through TORTURE getting our Fios installed! We were moving into our brand new home back in July. We ordered our Fios services in May and were PROMISED all the "pre wiring" would be taken care of so when we moved in the guy could come and just install the services that day. We even recieved a confirmation saying all the wiring was done about 2 weeks before we moved in. Well, the day we moved in the Verizon guy shows up and tells us he can't do our installation because none of the pre wiring was done!!! Smiley Mad

I called Verizon immediately to complain and to explain to them we needed our services IMMEDIATELY. My husband works from home and now we had no internet or phone in our house! Plus I have 3 kids that were NOT happy they didn't have phone, internet & TV!! They told me the "SOONEST" they could get someone out to my house to do the wiring was in about 10 business days! UN-Freaking-believable!!!! I must have called a dozen people and was transferred a few times to more and more people who had NO answers for me. My favorites were the ones who told me they "didn't want to keep me on hold and would call me back" of course they NEVER did!!!

OK now here is the BIG SECRET to get what you want out of these people. You just have to make one simple call to the BOARD OF PUBLIC UTILITIES. Within 1 hour of calling them, we had a TEAM of guys here doing the wiring and had our Fios installed that night!  Poor installers were here till 10 PM getting it done!

So that is the solution. [edit] Their customer service is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!

potwic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Promotions supervisor hung up on me today. Spoke with another higher supervisor in promotions about this, her name is Bertha, she did not seem to care that her employee hung up on me. I was also promised a call back by another supervisor in promotions, Cathy, by the 19th of October...today is the 26th and i still havn't heard from her. Tim in promostions said that he doesn't believe me that supervisors don't call back, well here you have it. Welcome to Verizon customer service. They still havn't solved my problem and i expect them not to be of any more help. One thing, be sure to document everything - i didn't.  Thanks verizon!

potwic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with one of the other posts also, i was doing them a favor by being a customer today [edit] . One of the girls today said a supervisor was not in the building but somehow i had verizon fios call over and we got Bertha in about two minutes. I actuallly asked the first girl if she was telling me the truth and she said yes.