How Do You Stop Solicitors Coming to My Door?
SNOWDAY22

How do you stop solicitors coming to my door?  A guy was knocking on my neighbors door at 730pm.  Her light was off, he rang the bell then knocked on the storm door quite aggressively after about 2 minutes of no response.  I asked him why he only goes to houses with lights off, he was snarky and said that he can do whatever he wants until 830pm, according to bylaws in our county.  How can we get our entire neighborhood blacklisted from your sales tactic door to door?

0 Likes
Re: How Do You Stop Solicitors Coming to My Door?
strawberry7184

Yes I have the same question/concern. They come once a week and always when my baby is asleep. The sales people were very rude to me when I asked them to leave and I don't want anyone ringing my door bell from Verizon anymore. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could put a no soliciting sign on your door.

Most of these solicitors are third party. And no good way to blacklist an entire neighborhood.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Check with your city or town or village officials and see if there is a law barring these types of visits to your home. If there is like where I live call the police and they will take care of it. Fines are usually levied on these visitors. 

best of luck getting rid of them

0 Likes
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

A tall, wrought iron fence around your property will slow them down.  Add two doberman pinchers and I think this solves your problem    🙂

0 Likes