Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

How I Redeemed Verizon Gift Cards

Aingeal
Contributor
Contributor

How I Redeemed Verizon Gift Cards

Message 1 of 1
(184 Views)

Hello - I was (finally) able to register to redeem my Verizon Gift Cards after attempts to fix on my own, 30 minute online chat, 30 minute hold by phone (lol - they answered my call right after my latest attempt at fixing it myself worked!)

I know a few others have posted answers, but as it is incredibly frustrating, I wanted to chime in with what worked for me - I too tried multiple browsers on a work laptop, home laptop, tablet) and my third attempt was on Chrome, which worked for me:

1)  Try a different browser (Safari & Chrome seem to have worked for folks, but there was at least 1 person where Chrome did not work.) - In my case, Chrome DID work.

2)  Clear your cache/browsing history (If you're unfamiliar with this, it can be a slightly different process depending on your browser) & you can select the Timeframe & type of history to clear ~ For my 3 browsers:

• Edge:  Click on horizontal ellipsis (...) - upper right corner of browser, select "Settings" > "Privacy, search and services" > "Choose what to clear" (under "Clear browsing data")  > "Clear now"
  • Chrome:  Click on vertical ellipsis (3 dots - upper right corner of browser) > select "Settings" > "Clear browsing data" (under Privacy and security) > "Clear data"
  • Silk:  Click on menu bar (3 horizontal lines, upper left corner of browser) > select "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Clear browsing data" > "CLEAR DATA" (lower right of window)

I hope this helps someone, as I see this issue has popped up for a few years now, and as recently as yesterday.

Verizon:  Please fix this issue so it works on multiple browsers and in the interim, educate your phone/chat staff at a minimum, to suggest & walk clients through these steps - Once I got through my research, chat/call, my 3rd browser attempt, it took me 2 minutes to complete vs. hours trying to resolve.  It is unacceptable that clients are still experiencing this issue.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title