How accuate is the verizon monthly estimate/does verizon charge local and state taxes?
Gmoney27

Hey Everyone!

I live in the Greater NY area and am looking to switch from Optimum to Verizon. I was wondering if Verizon charges local and state taxes? Now, I'm assuming the answer is yes, it's just that when I do the "build a plan" the estimate is pretty low and taxes come in at around 4 dollars.

Except on my Optimum bill, I get charged almost $9.

Do you find the Verizon estimate you get via their chat service is pretty accurate?

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Re: How accuate is the verizon monthly estimate/does verizon charge local and state taxes?
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon charges state and local taxes as well as their own bogus fees and cost pass no’s 

they also charge another bogus NYS Municipal Construction Surcharge $2.49 which originally was denied by the NYS Public Service Commission but they have gotten around that denial when they switched to fiber optics. 

there are sports fees, and transmission fees on the invoice as well.

you can save money by only taking internet and get an online tv provider and VOIP service for phone and you save loads of money.

0 Likes
Re: How accuate is the verizon monthly estimate/does verizon charge local and state taxes?
Gmoney27

Wow thank you for this. Every time I speak to a chat Rep they keeping saying, "I promise you won't pay anymore then this" or "There aren't any taxes and fees except the $4.99"

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Never believe anything spoken. Get everything in writing and have a witness with you.

i just recently had a altercation at a verizon wireless store when a neighbor asked me to go with her. 83 year old woman wanting a simple updated phone when she has been a customer since they started. If you get new service or add a line the IPhone was free. However they wanted to charge her $600+ for the phone. I told the guy ok she will port out at ATT store across hall, all of a sudden the phone was given as a courtesy.

so bottom line is don’t take the information at face value. Persist and do it in person.