How do I cancel the free year of Disney+?
rts58
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is another post on the same subject but that solution no longer works.  No way to get there through chat either.  So how do I cancel Disney+ before they start charging me $6.99/month?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I cancel the free year of Disney+?
rts58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, that got me pointed in the right direction.  First was understanding that the offer was from Verizon wireless and not part of Fios.  I was able to cancel by changing to the mobile site, scrolling down to Manage Products and Apps, where I believe I found the link to cancel.  I was a little thrown because the dates for the free service were not populated, just said [start date] ... [end date].

Thanks.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

if you are referring to the items offered on Verizon Wireless you must log in the web portal.

From the account web portal (I don’t use the app) you sign on to your account and look for manage account. There is a place to look at what you have. There should be a listing for Hulu and Disney and ESPN and Apple Music.

from there you can cancel service or start those premiums.

You can also call 1-800-VERIZON and have customer service remove it.

Or go here for Fios 

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-service/disney-redemption-faqs

rts58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, that got me pointed in the right direction.  First was understanding that the offer was from Verizon wireless and not part of Fios.  I was able to cancel by changing to the mobile site, scrolling down to Manage Products and Apps, where I believe I found the link to cancel.  I was a little thrown because the dates for the free service were not populated, just said [start date] ... [end date].

Thanks.

How do I cancel the FIOS free year of Disney+?
csrx1

I am referring to the FIOS offer, not VZW.

I have no options on the website.  If i access the plan overview,  I can only add YouTubeTV but no option to remove Disney+ (it's preselected and no options to remove).

I've used online chat twice this week and also spoken to customer service on the phone.  Got me nowhere.  Interactions with reps have included me being told  that it's removed, I receive no confirmation and somehow it gets re-added to my account 
(as a pending change), to the latest CS rep removing that pending change.  Still, Disney+ remains in my account.

I don't want to be invoiced for this service again.  Canceling Disney+ should be easier and should not require me to cancel my FIOS account entirely.

0 Likes
Re: How do I cancel the FIOS free year of Disney+?
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-service/disney-redemption-faqs

the above link is not on the wireless side. It’s residential.

0 Likes
Re: How do I cancel the FIOS free year of Disney+?
csrx1

The instructions on the link provided do not work, hence why I am posting here.  

There is no option to manage disney+ when I log in.  The only way I'm able to see the package is if I go to   Account -> My Plan -> Plan Overview.  I see Disney+ listed as "Subscribed" but no options to remove/cancel/deselect.  I am only able to add YouTubeTV.  

Still need some help in getting this removed.

0 Likes