How do I escalate this to someone who actually cares and can fix the problem?
TBS1

We have an ongoing problem related to our phone service, bundle, and billing that has been ongoing for months now (It's a long and complex story so I'm not going to post the details here unless it'll really help). My wife and I have repeatedly made calls to Verizon to get it fixed and the calls always go like this:

1) We get transferred between various people and departments, usually having to wait on hold for long periods of time.

2) Eventually we get transferred to someone who claims that we'll be called back.

3) We never got a call back.

The last time I called I asked immediately to speak to a supervisor and was told one would call me back -- but they never did.

I've had enough of being put on hold for long stretches of time only to be transferred between departments and promised a callback that never happens. What can I do to escalate this? If Verizon doesn't have an escalation process then is there some government agency (FCC) that regulates the company that I can contact and complain?

0 Likes
Re: How do I escalate this to someone who actually cares and can fix the problem?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Is your issue with the bill for your services, or are you having technical difficulties with something?

0 Likes
Re: How do I escalate this to someone who actually cares and can fix the problem?
TBS1

It was originally a technical problem with the telephone service but also wound up being a billing problem. I think the billing problem may be resolved now (I need to wait and see on the next bill) but the original technical problem remains.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you TBS. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
TBS1

That would be great; I eagerly await being contacted by someone from Verizon.

In the meantime, it looks like I've found the answer to one of my previous questions: here in Texas, the Public Utility Commission (http://www.puc.state.tx.us/consumer/Default.aspx) apparently handle issues related to land lines, while the FCC is responsible for FIOS (television / internet / wireless) problems.

0 Likes
TBS1

I guess you didn't mean that someone would call me back today.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

No, I"m sorry. Contact is typically made within one business day.

0 Likes
TBS1

Is this person who's supposed to call me going to be someone who can actually help or will it be one of the same people who answer the regular support number?

0 Likes
TBS1

Just an update: it's not going very well so far. I did receive a private message from a Verizon rep over the weekend and also replied to it over the weekend. Two days after I replied I got an e-mail from a different Verizon rep stating that I had been sent a private message but hadn't replied to it. I pointed out to that rep that I HAD replied to the only private message that I had received and asked her to re-send the message I supposedly hadn't replied to. She did write back but didn't re-send the mystery message or offer any explanation for why she thought I hadn't replied.

In the meantime, the original / first rep that replied has been starting at square one, asking me how many phones we have in the house and seems to not have the information regarding the numerous conversations my wife and I have had about these problems in the past. I also had mentioned to this representative that we've had multiple visits from Verizon technicians but she says that she has no record of any visits and asked ME to supply the date of the last visit (???).

As I pointed out to her, the last time we got a visit from a technician, he accidentally disabled our land line service and had to come back later that day to restore it -- but never did fix the original problem that we called about nor has anyone else tried to since then.

I'm going to give them a couple of more days and then I'm going to contact the Texas PUC and the FCC. It's about time to let someone else fight this battle for me.

0 Likes
pocustomer1

I know this post is old but we are having similar issues with our triple ply package -getting the run around and no answers. Did you have any success escalating your issue to someone who can actually help?

Any info would be very helpful. Thanks !

0 Likes