How do I even contact someone in customer retention.
Les_F
Enthusiast - Level 1

If there is a real customer retention dept, they sure do hide, I was told flat out they don't exist.

My current fios plan has expired and is running month to month.  Have not really paid attention to the costs until

a Xfinity guy came to the door, new my name and the fact that I had cancelled with them back in 2008.  Wanted to

know what he could do to get me back and made some nice multi year offers.  Told him I needed to do some

homework.    Then looked at what I am paying VZ on a month to month.. ouch.

Yes I know there are major differences between the two but I am not a power user and don't need crazy speeds.

Called VZ today and was told the first timethat to renew would cost me more unless I wanted to downgrade some services as things have changed.   Was told there was nothing else that could be done.   I explained that at this rate I switch back to Xfiniity and suffer the lack of "FIOS speeds" to save a bundle.  Was again told  "sorry... can't do anything better".  Then he came up with the bright idea of swtiching me to a triple play package with phone that I have no interest in using and could match the current rate I am paying...?  what?  why bother.

Figured I would try one more time... called back asked to speak to someone in customer retention.  Lady told me that VZ doesn have actual office like that.  But she would see what she could do.   She said I could downgrade my internet to

like 15/5 or upgrade to 50/25 and then she would discount my movie package for 12 months to give me currrent rate that I am paying.   Again made it clear that if they couldn't at least save me some money for renewing, I am better off not doing anything and have the freedom to cancel my month to month.

Does VZ not really care that I have been with them for years?  If not I can leave... I am not tied to their email addresses, don't have a landline to port, am currently month to month..... wow..

Re: How do I even contact someone in customer retention.
britishrich
Enthusiast - Level 3

The ONLY way I have found to make them pay any attention whatsoever was to call to cancel everything, and mean it.

They called it the "save" dept or something like that at the time when my call got forwarded etc.

That was the one and only time they have ever seemed to:

A: Care

B: Make an effort to actually rectify the problems

C: Actually make some kind of $$-based restitution to me for all their shenanigans

😧 Admit there even is such a thing as an updated DVR that I had been asking for for months

0 Likes