How far in advanced do I have to update CC info?
nahcb

I updated my CC info on 12/2 with new expiration date (no change to card number, name, etc.) and next bill was due 12/10. Payment was attempted 4x and all failed (no notification at all) and then I was charged a late payment fee. I chatted/called with a few reps.

One told me autopay expires in two years - that doesn't make sense and has never happened before in my 10+ years with Verizon.

Another told me I never updated my CC info so my card expired - doesn't make sense either because 1) expiration date on old card was 12/19 and credit cards still work IN the expiration month (just not after) and 2) if I never updated my card, then payment should have gone through since the card on file is valid.

Third one says he can see I updated my CC info on 12/24 - a holiday...I was on vacation. I couldn't have logged in to do that and I don't use the mobile app. 

Was I supposed to update my CC info more than 6 business days in advanced or something? I'm just looking for an explanation that makes sense.

0 Likes
Re: How far in advanced do I have to update CC info?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nahcb,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes