Re: How to contact customer service to file a complaint
jonjones1
Legend

@Keithfilmguy wrote:

I have had Verizon for over 20years and all I can say is their internet service has gone to hell!! I received notice 2 years ago saying our cable lines are going to retire so I have hung on hoping to get FiOS. I currently have DSL which worked great for 2 of the 7 years in my current location, but now my internet goes out three maybe more times a day. I have had the modem replaced 4 times, Service techs out 3 times and nothing has been done to correct the issue. I am very disappointed because I would sign up for Fios TV and internet and lose my other providers. What also stinks is you charge more for the crap service internet and phone with no speed or connection than I can get with a cable provider. I can no longer run my production company under this poor service you provide. I am going to move my phone, TV and Internet over to spectrum and pay 3 times less than what you charge for what I have. Verizon, your adds lie, Your service is awful, your ability to provide customer service is way lacking. The sad part is I have asked about when we are going to get FIOS and explained we all received letters stating this, that not one person in your office can answer the question.  I keep getting "well did you sign up to receive notices of when FIOS will be available " comments.  Sorry Verizon, you are losing a loyal customer and I know that many in my neighborhood are doing the same thing.  So, go focus on your cell service and Screw the business folks and loyal customers who really did like your services. I think your priorities are messed up and you all need to restructure your business model to focus on the customer instead of just the quick bottom line. After all, as a business owner myself, the loyal customer are the true profit to sustain a company not the quick grabs. I am going to switch to a company that wants my business and is willing to provide the internet speeds to run my business. Hell, I can’t even watch a streaming video that is 1 minute long with out it buffering. SO long Verizon and good luck with your future customers, after all I see your stocks are starting to slip and I see more complaints against your company than any other service provider.   BAD BUSINESS and I will never refer your company to anyone! Especially when for 7 years you advertised FIOS is coming and then 2 years ago send a letter stating that your retiring the copper lines. I am guessing it is your ploy to have most bail off your network so you don’t have to do the work.  I am done with crappy service, Internet and phone from you!

Did you read what I wrote to the other poster? Since you are a resident of New York State go to the web site I gave below. 

Or if worse comes to worse look into cable internet ot the new satellite internet I keep seeing commercials for. It’s now unlimited internet all over where you are.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Sorry I forgot the link.

https://www.viasat.com

0 Likes
sheilam2

Goodness, if anyone knows please  let me know. My family and I have been with Verizon for over 10 years for phone and internet service. I requested a technician to come to my house 2 weeks ago and they failed to show up on 2 separate service dates. I work from home so have had to use my cell phone for internet and as you can imagine that has done a doozy to my data plan.

Unbelievably bad customer service. I can't even get someone on the phone to cancel my account so I can switch to Comcast!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

1-800-VERIZON is the number.

at the prompt say “cancel service “ this will send you to a retention representative. If you are positive you want to leave be firm. Get a confirmation number for the termination of all services. You might want to have it sent via email and regular us postal mail, do this prior to your bill closing date as to have no further charges. You can return equipment if need be to a Verizon Fios store. Google a location. Do not go to a reseller. 

Good Luck

0 Likes
ggl1

So you tell us to go to the Support Page.  That is not helpful for a general complaint.  It takes you on a do-loop of specific issues that are not related to making a GENERAL COMPLAINT!  How do we get Verizon managment to actually listen to us.  Although I have been happy with your service, that is changing, and, you have gotten so expensive myself, and more of my friends and neighbors are looking for other options. My number one complaint at the moment is email.  I have stayed with Verizon a number of years and signed with you with email as part of that package.  Now you dump us with AOL.  I feel I pay you, not AOL, nor should I have to pay AOL for tech support.  You did not lower the bill to take out no longer supporting us with email and the tech support with that email.  I feel I am still paying you for that support and therefore you should have ensured AOL provided us Verizon customers WHO PAY YOU for the support.  Again, if you no longer provide that support, why did you not lower our bill accordingling.  AOL charges $4.99 a month.  You should either pay that, or lower our bills accordingly!!!  And I realize this is just a Forum.  How the heck to I reach Verizon DIRECTLY to make this complaint!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@ggl wrote:

So you tell us to go to the Support Page.  That is not helpful for a general complaint.  It takes you on a do-loop of specific issues that are not related to making a GENERAL COMPLAINT!  How do we get Verizon managment to actually listen to us.  Although I have been happy with your service, that is changing, and, you have gotten so expensive myself, and more of my friends and neighbors are looking for other options. My number one complaint at the moment is email.  I have stayed with Verizon a number of years and signed with you with email as part of that package.  Now you dump us with AOL.  I feel I pay you, not AOL, nor should I have to pay AOL for tech support.  You did not lower the bill to take out no longer supporting us with email and the tech support with that email.  I feel I am still paying you for that support and therefore you should have ensured AOL provided us Verizon customers WHO PAY YOU for the support.  Again, if you no longer provide that support, why did you not lower our bill accordingling.  AOL charges $4.99 a month.  You should either pay that, or lower our bills accordingly!!!  And I realize this is just a Forum.  How the heck to I reach Verizon DIRECTLY to make this complaint!

I am just going to point out that Verizon owns AOL Mail and Yahoo Mail so you were just transitioned over. Nothing more. It was again transitioned not taken away.

the number to address your issues is 1-800-VERIZON 

0 Likes
jaj2

On 12-18-17 contacted Verizon to cancel my internet, on 02-23-2018 billed again, I contacted Verizon was informed they would backdate and not charge me, today 3-3-2018, I received a bill and nothing was back dated, once again charged for internet.  What is pretty sneaky they asked me if I have a mobile phone for them to contact me, gave them my mobile, well guess what? Verizon email me and thanked me for updating my information, not once did they state confirmed cancel internet (date 2-23-2018); I once again contacted Verizon via online this time, asked them why I was charged, person on the other side said she would look up the information, asked for my phone number and name, except this time asked foe account number, when I asked why they are asking when Verizon only asked for my phone number, suddenly I got rep is busy have to wait for the next available rep (how rude)! I have been with Verizon for a while, I had internet and phone, when I cancelled my internet rep told me I would be charged $76.00 dollars for the phone, I asked about a lower rate she said their is none, I explained to he4 that I have a disable husband and I have to have a phone at home for emergency, nothing, no understanding, I am very upset, if anyone out their no’s who I contact please post it, I plan on writting my congress, media about how Verizon are ripping older disable people!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Try here. http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

I would also contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission they have regulatory authority over Verizon.

or file a complaint here http://www.bbb.org they have been known to assist.

but you will have to prove your case. No verbal anything.

0 Likes
BacktoFios

After over 4 years with FIOS we left and went with Comcast which was a terrible experience.  So we decided to go back to FIOS after less than 6 months.  We have been trying to solve three problems with absolutely no success and would ask what other options we have:

1.  When the sales rep knocked on our door to sell us FIOS, we were promised that it would include ‘ALL premium channels’.  We quickly discovered, that they really didn’t mean this.  Even with the most expensive premium package, we do not have STARZ.  This may seem like a minor issue, however, part of our choice to switch back (now a regretful decision again) was the bundled package.  It will cost us more money each month to now get what we were originally promised.  To say this is a disappointment is an understatement.  I did call customer service - at least twice on this issue and was simply told that it didn’t matter what we were promised - no STARZ was available.  The additional frustration comes from the fact that I KNOW that I CAN get STARZ - if I want to pay more - I would have hoped customer service would at least know this.

2.  We were promised the internet would cover our entire house with the system that FIOS recently upgraded to.  When the gentlemen was here installed (just 3 weeks ago), he was surprised by this and indicated we would need the ‘booster’ in order for this to be true.  I said ‘sure give us the booster’.  No costs were discussed and I have now found we are paying extra for the booster.  Would have been nice to know this ahead of time.

3.  When we left FIOS the first time, we were told that our purchased movies would always be available if we used the FIOS app.  This is not true.  Now that we are back at FIOS I am also being told that they can not give back our over 65 movie purchases.  I have spent hours on the phone, even got a tech who tried a number of things, but to no avail.  We call ‘**bleep**’ on this - if we had known that we needed to set up an unrelated account with ULTRAVIOLET, and that the FIOS app would not work,  we would have done so immediately.  But without information, we have lost the value of 65+ movies which at a Cost of $20 is $1,300.   How about a credit FIOS?  How about telling customers the truth both when they join and when they leave.  We are held hostage by large organizations that take advantage.  It’s a shame.

Now you all may ask, just leave again - well, for any of you who have done this recently, you know how painful it is....and where does one go?????

I wouldn’t have done this on this forum, but I haven’t been able to find any other way to file my complaint.

Sincerely, a very frustrated customer 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Read my reply to the previous poster. 

You can also complain to http://www.bbb.org or contact your states consumer protection board or Public Service Commission or Public Utilities Commission which you can google in your state.

0 Likes