How to delete docs now that FTP inaccessible
doololly1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now that I can't upload via FTP, I want to delete my extra webspace. I've deleted all the pages, but I have docs and pictures to delete, and they are inaccessible. PLEASE say I can delete them without calling a rep ... I don't have several hours and infinite patience to go through that.

Re: How to delete docs now that FTP inaccessible
Tedm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

doololly:

Welcome to the club.  I have spent countless hours on the phone.  Several messages to Verizon via forum.  Lots of time spent trying to get the same answers.  I need to either take down my site completely or be able to delete some material and have gotten nowhere other then "we will turn your problem over to someone who can possibly help you" answer.  

Am I angry? Your darn right I am.  A company as large as Verizon should have solutions for problems they create. 

Sorry you are having the same problems.  There are many who are having this problem and haven't received a solution.

Re: How to delete docs now that FTP inaccessible
dewster1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the "we're doing you a favor by taking away FTP" email and thought it was spam so I ignored it.  Came back from vacation and couldn't log in via FTP - uh oh.  Tried to use Sitebuilder to delet the files and couldn't.  Called Verizon and spent several hours getting handed like a hot potato from department to the next.  Tried the chat thing and they couldn't help me either.  At two points I was given the phone number for Superpages!  Called again the next day and they said they'd ask the web support team to delete the files, just wait 24 to 48 hours.  Two days later the files were still there and they said it might take another 48 hours, so I escalated the issue by talking to a supervisor (Srey: 866-945-3809  code 47576) who was able to get them deleted within 1/2 hour.  I wish I could bill for my lost time and patience.

Now I'm only using the 10MB free web space to host pics of my eBay and Craigslist ads (you can hot link to them (http://mysite.verizon.net/<username>/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/*.jpg).  Sitebuilder is so terrible I get completely turned off and give up every time I attempt to make a web page with it.  Guess I'll be looking for a new host for my web pages.  The heck of it is, Verizon still allows FTP for their pay web accounts, so the "security" reason they gave for dropping FTP support of the free space strikes me as entirely bogus.  FTP support and newsgroups were two big reasons I subscribed in the first place, now both are gone but my DSL bill steadily creeps higher.  At this rate I'm half expecting them to drop email support any day now.