How to file a complaint and remove charges
stacik1982

i was pretty happy with Verizon Fios until I recently added another TV  box in the household. The box arrived within 2 days but after it was plugged into TV outlet, it just would not work. You would think that after intitial Verizon installation 2 years ago every single TV outlet in the house would be converted to Verzion but apparently that was not the case. After 2 days of trying to reach Verizon tech support, I finally talked to really nice gentleman who notified that a technican must be dispatched to my house. Ok...here goes my Saturday but it is what it is. On Saturday I get a text that a tech would arrive between 1 and 2 pm. needless to say the tech did not show up until 5 pm. It took the tech 15 min to convert the outlet and make the box and TV work. In the process of doing this, he somehow disconnected our whole sound system. All we heard was a loud bang and the tech quickly left the house. But i was still happy that the box and TV were working. It took my husband 2 hours to figure out what the tech did to the sound systen but everything finally worked again.

This week I get a monthly bill for Verizon for 250$. 129 for my services, 24.99 for the new box and 90$ for dispatching the tech. It was never mentioned to me that  I have to pay for tech to come out and surely I did not expect that techs make 180$ an hour. I want these charges to be removed because I am ready to cancel FIos and Wireless all together

0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint and remove charges
Sallybobally1
Enthusiast - Level 2

file a complaint with the BBB and the FTC

0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint and remove charges
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried calling customer service at all?

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Techs don't make $180. Company bills that much to cover not only their salary, but other expenses (employee benefits, his vehicle, tools, etc).

Unfortunately others have complained that when a tech comes out, they did not know there would be a fee.

0 Likes