How to remove Personal Website from Verizon..
dtb300
Enthusiast - Level 2

No options in Web Builder to REMOVE all files from website. 

No FTP access anymore...

Do not want to pay for the additional space being charged...

Was on phone with 4 different departments and none of them stated THEY can remove website...

How can this be accomplished?

0 Likes
Re: How to remove Personal Website from Verizon..
dtb300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since FTP is now forbidden - Verizon ever heard of SFTP????  I need to remove all files from Personal Web Space (mysite)

After talking to the 8th person - I asked for Supervisor as the person on the phone wanted me to start changing password, deleting cookies, delete cache....Dang, all I want to do is have website files deleted so I do not get charged for having over 10mb of space used.

Finally got a ticket to be opened for remoal of all files. 

Why does it take 8 people, over 1 1/2 hours on the phone for a very simple task like this???

0 Likes
Surfishingman
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's how eight different people get to keep their jobs.

0 Likes
dtb300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my ticket expired today and ALL of my Personal Web Space files are supposed to be deleted.

WELL...there is still 13MB worth of files which means I will be charge $5/Month for something I cannot use - Deny FTP access...Verizon, ever heard of SFTP?????

I was on the phone for 3 hours, spoke with 8 different people trying to get these files removed.  Finally someone stepped up and took a ticket and said they would be removed.  

NOPE - SIMPLE TASK, SIMPLE OPERATION TO REMOVE A DIRECTORY!!!!  If Verizon Techs cannot do it, give us access to delete our own files....Simple...

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dtb300 wrote:

Well my ticket expired today and ALL of my Personal Web Space files are supposed to be deleted.

WELL...there is still 13MB worth of files which means I will be charge $5/Month for something I cannot use - Deny FTP access...Verizon, ever heard of SFTP?????

I was on the phone for 3 hours, spoke with 8 different people trying to get these files removed.  Finally someone stepped up and took a ticket and said they would be removed.  

NOPE - SIMPLE TASK, SIMPLE OPERATION TO REMOVE A DIRECTORY!!!!  If Verizon Techs cannot do it, give us access to delete our own files....Simple...

Well, considering your ticket was created on Friday and today is Sunday, they probably haven't gotten to it yet. Which department did your ticket go to? Did they clarify whether that department is open on weekends?

0 Likes