INSANE moving and ETF policy
sarahrec

There HAS to be another solution to the Verizon nightmare I am going through...

I signed a 2 year contract with Fios last year. When I signed up, I informed the rep that I FOR SURE would be moving after a year. The rep assured me that I would not pay an early termination fee if the new area did not provide Verizon services. This is the exact same case for any of the other cable/internet companies I have dealt with in the past. 

I have been very happy with Verizon and even switched my wireless family plan over to them. I was sad to learn that the new building I am moving to is not wired for Fios. 

I used the online chat feature to terminate my service but was told that since Verizon provided service to the location, I would be charged a $140 fee. GREAT NEWS! I could take Verizon with me. I told the rep I would be happy to use whatever internet/tv service they provided, even if it was not Fios. She explained that the only service they actually provided was a landline service and that I would need to have that to avoid the fee.

Obviously this made absolutely zero sense, so I called a customer service rep. She confirmed the unfair fee. I have never felt more tricked or treated unfairly by a company. Verizon is telling me that in order to avoid the fee, I will LOSE all the service I have and then have to ADD A SERVICE I DO NOT WANT OR NEED. Using this technicality to rip off customers is shocking to me. No other cable company has ever used semantics like this when it has come to my moves. 

I am hoping that someone can please tell me a way to resolve this. Surely Verizon has a way to be more reasonable, otherwise, I have no idea how they can retain customers that are treated this way. 

0 Likes
Re: INSANE moving and ETF policy
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi srecords,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes