Impossible to get customer service
BlueH2O
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have dealt with Verizon for many years on behalf of our customers.

It is ALWAYS the same story

Always apologizing, never fixing the problem

Try to get an email address for customer service or the President's office and you cannot

We have been promised a FiOS BUSINESS STATIC IP address but they simply say it can't be given out until its provisioned- but wait, once its provisioned I can't get to the Internet. Oh they'll email it to me, wait I can't get to the Internet because you just switched my service.

We have told them FOR YEARS that their process is BROKEN- NOBODY listens, but they really have been trained to APOLOGIZE.

Stop taking all the money you make and spending it on advertising- spend some on the service and processes that support your customers.

I won't take a shot at the incredible bonuses being paid to executives, but then again, I guess I already have.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Impossible to get customer service
Snookered2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Stop taking all the money you make and spending it on advertising- spend some on the service and processes that support your customers.

I won't take a shot at the incredible bonuses being paid to executives, but then again, I guess I already have.

You're not venting the truth.  The executives want to discontinue the copper landline (no money).  Will this also mean, discontinuing residential services?  They are following the smartphone gravy train.

0 Likes
tired_of_it
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  I can't believe I'm using all my cell phone minutes trying to contact Verizon to let them know to get their repair technician out to my house.  2 tickets.  2 no shows.  100+ minutes on the phone with Verizon by now.  Currently, they've been leaving me on hold for 15 minutes. 

hadit1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to find an e-mail address to send a compilation of my complaints--service, billing, and the fact that they don't seem to know where I live.  On this entire site I cannot get any information.  So, I'm going to copy & paste the e-mail I wanted to send.  Maybe someone will find it (yeah, and pigs will fly at high noon).

!st--I have been billed for a line that has not been in service for the past month.  Originally, the automated service told me that it was an internal wiring problem, so I set about trying to trace the problem within the house.  I found none.  I tried to connect using the interface box outside the house--using a phone which had worked before I moved here.  Nothing.

2nd.  I tried to verify my e-mail address via e-mail but it will not take my new ZIP code.  I have NOT received a paper bill, so I do not know what address you have me listed at.

The billing and service address is

{edited for privacy}

My previous address was:

{edited for privacy}

Is it possible that the reason I do not have service at the Peckville location is that someone neglected to put in the change?  I know that there had been a similar problem at this location, but no one lived here and the service had been cancelled.

I really do not want to have to use my cell phone for all my calls.  I prefer a land line for inside the house. (I'm a bit old-fashioned that way.)

If I cannot get some satisfaction, I will simply cancel the Verizon account entirely and rely on my cell.

Also, when I cancelled my DSL (at the same time I called to have the service changed, I was told that I would have a bit of time to relocate my e-mail.  After 5 minutes I was no longer able to access my Verizon e-mail.  I was very displeased with this).

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hadit,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

hadit,

We closed your private support case due to no response. Please feel free to make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
boss434

your tellin me...always talkin to a {please keep your posts courteous} in india....how can they help..the problem is outside the house

0 Likes
mooy

my computer keep my computer up is a risk.

0 Likes
tresah

Wow, I wish I'd seen this forum BEFORE I signed up for residential Fios, cable tv & phone service...

I am new to Verizon having been relatively happy with Cox lo these many years, but looking for a way to save a couple of bucks.  Now my whole family's mad at me...

Verizon seems to be indifferent to the customer service aspect of this business.  Indeed, they don't really seem to HAVE  a customer service department, at least as far as I can tell.  When my cable got cut, they were unable to help other than to promise to move a technician up and try to get him out to my house the next day.  Despite many hours on the phone with "supervisors" no one had any authority or power to effect a repair or get me an answer.  At the end, I had to call the technician who had worked on the installation, and he came out that same evening.  News flash:  I DON'T WORK FOR VERIZON!  And I did the job better than they did...

This does not bode well for future relations...  I am looking into cancelling my contract and going back to expensive but responsive Cox.

0 Likes
Dfwbecky
So true--I always dread when I have to call customer service. 90 minutes on the phone last night solved nothing probably because I could not understand the person to whom I was speaking. Second call 90 minutes and he thinks he knows what the problem is but a technician can't come out for over a week! I need Internet to work but the repair call cannot be expedited. They tell me to call back everyday which means a 30 minute wait just to speak to someone. Pitiful. Has been this way every.single.time I call them. Half the time I have to convince them I'm even a customer because they can't find in whatever jacked up system they use.
0 Likes