In-Home Agent not recognizing TV or Phone Services
jpres11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I'm trying to use the In-home agent program, however, only my internet connection is being recognized. I should also be able to see my FIOS TV and Phones services, but currently they are grayed out. Any idea how to enable these services? Take care

Re: In-Home Agent not recognizing TV or Phone Services
Justin46
Legend

@Jpres11 wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to use the In-home agent program, however, only my internet connection is being recognized. I should also be able to see my FIOS TV and Phones services, but currently they are grayed out. Any idea how to enable these services? Take care

I have experienced the same thing, I have no clue why or how to fix it. Plus every time I start the dumb thing, it tells me my screen resolution needs to be changed, and of course I don't want to do that, so it just quits when I tell it no it can't change it. And if I let it change the resolution, I get what you get. Dumb program, pretty much totally useless in my opinion, but then again, nobody seems to care about my opinion. Just MHO of course..... Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jpres11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awww at least Im not the only one then : ).. Sorry to hear you have the same troubles. Hopefully someone can assist us here.. I doubt it though.. Take care 

Justin46
Legend

Is there some specific TV, Internet, or phone problem you are trying to solve by using the In-Home Agent? If so, if you will tell us what it is maybe someone here will be able to help, there are quite a few here willing to do so, given enough information.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jpres11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing crazy, was looking forward to using the application and swapping out my old TV controllers for newer ones. 

jpres11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, if I could figure out how to unregister my Mobile phone number so I can re-register it to my DVR upstairs.. That would be nice too 🙂

jpres11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded In home agent from my account by following the links. That one did not work in full, so I uninstalled it and then used a direct link sent to me from Verizon during one of my phone calls; which actually worked : ) Not sure if that will solve the issue for others, but it is worth a shot. 

Justin46
Legend

@Jpres11 wrote:

I downloaded In home agent from my account by following the links. That one did not work in full, so I uninstalled it and then used a direct link sent to me from Verizon during one of my phone calls; which actually worked : ) Not sure if that will solve the issue for others, but it is worth a shot. 

Can you provide the link? Thanks.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jpres11
Enthusiast - Level 2
Justin46
Legend

@Jpres11 wrote:

www.verizon.com/inhomeagent 

Thank you for the link. I downloaded from that, and the InHome Agent installed (the install gave an error message about some program being missing) and starts up ok if I change my text size setting on my display (stupid requirement). But I can't find anything that it does or shows that is useful. For example:

1) It gives me a warning that I have not set the password on my router, yet I set the password about 2 years ago when I got the router from Verizon. And I logged in today with that password, so I know it is correct.

2) I get a warning that my PC has not been optimized for FiOS, yet I am using Windows 7 which does not require optimization to work well with FiOS - I have 25/15 service, I get 30/25 wired and wireless.

3) When I tell it to show me the STBs I have, it shows an HD DVR, 2 x 2500s, and one Digitial Adapter. Interesting, since the Digital Adapter is in a box disconnected. And when I click on the option to use the multi-room capability of the DVR, it says I don't have a DVR and I need to get one, despite the fact that it lists one of the STBs as an HD DVR.

The net is, at this point, I view this as a totally useless program. I guess some people have found it useful, but I really don't see how based on my brief experience.

But again, thank you for the link.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes