Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Inaccurate information from customer service

monikamonika
Contributor
Contributor

Inaccurate information from customer service

Message 1 of 2
(381 Views)

I want to offer Verizon customers caution regarding the information they receive about the status of orders from customer service representatives.  I placed an order for service under a new account -- and an order to cancel service under an old account on the same day the new service was being established.  Leading up to that date, I checked in with customer service representives via chat on two separate occasions -- and with phone customer service on two other occasions -- to confirm that Verizon had the information they needed and that I would be able to proceed with initiating the new services on the specifed date.  I told all four representatives I was not moving -- just establishing a new account, they all looked at the details of my order and existing service, and all four assured me that I would be able to proceed with the install and the equipment would be shipped and arrive on the scheduled install date.   The equipment did not arrive as promised.  When I called about that, the customer service representative informed me that Verizon will not establish a new account until the old one is closed for 30 days.   I suspected that might be the case.  However, each of the first four representatives did not tell me that -- they just told me the installation could proceed, kicking responsibility for delivering the bad news down the road as long as they possibly could.  I will be taking my business to a competitor as soon as I can reschedule the installation I cancelled after Verizon representives confirmed that I would be able to establish new service under a new account.  

1 REPLY 1
LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Re: Inaccurate information from customer service

Message 2 of 2
(356 Views)

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title