Incompetence and Lies - Verizon
nikb1
Enthusiast - Level 1
It has been approx 1 month and countless msg's and am still waiting for verizon to make an adjustment to my a/c. They have confirmed in WRITING that they will do so and HAVE NOT. Have been in touch with 2 supervisors Jess and Eva who have consistently said this will be done - BUT NOTHING HAS.They dont have the decency to get back to you as well. Very unprofessional by Verizon to treat a loyal customer of 5+ years. Simply upgrading my internet speed to 50Mbs, caused my bill to be out of whack with no remedy in sight. Has anyone been in a situation such as this? (promises, lies, and dealing with downright incompetence?) Rgds, NB
0 Likes
Re: Incompetence and Lies - Verizon
vigor1

I have had the exact same experience as you. I have been a FIOS customer since it became available in our area 4 or 5 years ago. This year my bill for FIOS 20/5 went up twice and so I decided to upgrade to Quantum 50/50 since the upgrade offer through My Verizon was a similar monthly charge to my existing service.

I upgraded in early October and I was supposed to get the Generation 3 router for free as part of the upgrade. The router never came and when I called about it, they said I would have to pay for it. They also would not honor the pricing as was shown when I placed the order. I then canceled the upgrade and went back to my old speeds. After a week, I decided to try upgrading again, but this time I took screenshots throughout the order process.

It is now late November and I still have not received the router as promised and they are charging me much more than I should be getting charged. I have spoken to countless representatives through chat as well as phone, and none have taken the matter seriously. I have faxed and emailed screenshots of my order, but I am not getting anywhere with them. Verizon is the worst company I have ever dealt with and I will not be a customer for much longer.

0 Likes
nikb1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi Vigor1, yup sounds like verizon alright trying to ignore the situation and not deal approriatelly with their customers. What actions as a consumer can one take? When it comes to ordering a product its a 'click of the button', when it comes to refunds, it takes one to move mountains! Someone pls HELP!
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi vigor1,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
nikb1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Lawrence, if you read correctly, it is me (NikB) that is having this issue. Pls get Eva and Jess to get back to me as this is a long standing issue.
0 Likes
nikb1
Enthusiast - Level 1
When will someone from Verizon get in touch with me pls?
0 Likes
vigor1

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I hope someone from Verizon gets in touch with you. 

0 Likes
nikb1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Ofcourse, your welcome to comment. Am still waiting to hear fro them Sad to see how they treat loyal customers this way.
0 Likes
vigor1

Verizon is amazing .They aren't willing to send me the router as adverised. Here is my chat session from today. What other options do I have? Contact my credit card company and open up a dispute?

0 Likes