Installation no show
shanked

After much consideration and wanting to save some money my family decided to have Fios installed. I was asked if I wanted the installers here between 8  & 12 or 12 & 4 o'clock. I chose between 8 and 12. I took off a half a day from work [ even though I was told by several people that the installation took about 6 hours.] When they were not here today by 10:00 I called them. I was on the phone for 2 HOURS. Bottom line was... They told me that Comcast was slow at releasing my phone #, and because of this they would not be able to install the Fios today.They wanted to set up another day for the install. Needless to day I was LIVID.  I told the young man that I was speaking to in Ohio [I live in Maryland] that comcast has NOTHING to do with my phone #. My phone is with AT&T. Was I just lied to? If there is a problem with the install do you NOT notify people so that they don't take a day off work to sit and wait for installers who are NOT coming. What kind of service is this? I know that I am just a small pebble in your world but in my world I matter and my time is valuable. I was then told that the service will be installed today and the businesses office, the young man from Ohio, and myself were having a three way conversation. The business office kept saying that there wasn't a problem and the service will be installed today. In the meantime I used my cell phone to call work and let them know that I would not be in at all today. After 2 hours we finally hung up with the lady from the business office telling me that she will call me back in 30 minutes to verify everything. Again I asked if the service would be installed today and she assured me that it would. Fool that I am, I believed her. It is now after 12:00 and I am waiting for the call to rectify this problem and get the service done and over with. By 4:00 I realized that it wasn't happening and I had just wasted a whole day from work and 2 hours on the phone. I think this is a sign!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Installation no show
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi shanked, sorry to hear of your installation ordeal. Were you finally able to get FiOS installed? If all is well, then enjoy! Don't hestitate to contact us with any issues.  If not, please supply the following info in a personal message and I can give you an update on the order. Order number, name on the account, address and your phone/contact #.

0 Likes