Internet Security Suite on Mac
csnuz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I insalled the Internet security suite for Mac and am running OS X 10.5.8.  VISS popped up with a mesage that there was a virus found on my system and 'no action was taken'.  I scanned my system and checked the disinfect/delete infected files but when it found the infected file, it said no action taken again  When the scan was complete, the scan status said n viruses were found, but two were listed in the log and the 'action' taken was 'Reported' even though I selected all infected files to be disinfected/deleted.  I had to manually find the files and delete them from my system to rid the infected files.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Security Suite on Mac
edchan7

Which virus did it find? Which file was infected? If you go to "View Logs" you can find this information. It might be helpful if you copy and paste any other useful information.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Security Suite on Mac
csnuz
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what it found in today's  (11/27) scan- 6  .pdf files:

• Viruses detected: Exploit.PDF-JS.Gen
  • Action taken: None, file was left in its original location.

Earlier in the week, it found 2 other files with the same virus- one in my Toast 9 Titanium folder and one in my Toast 10 Titanium folder for a cd/dvd label background (.pdf files).

The original viruses it found were Joke.Rabbit in 2 files on 11/8/09, Spyware.945 and Backdoor.Generic.148842 on 11/7/09. 

In all cases Internet Security Suite is set to Repair/Delete, but it reports back 'Action taken: None, file was left in its original location.' and I have to manually delete the files.

0 Likes