Iobi Home Offline?
TheBlackNight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been unsuccessful at logging into the iobi service, online, through the web, and using the phone. I cannot find any posts or reason for the service to be down.

How about letting your paying customers know why the service is not working?

Have you been hacked?

Are you upgrading?

Will I recieve numerous calls that are blocked?

Will the forwarded numbers no longer be forwarded?

Will all of the information that I have stored in the service be preserved, or will I lose it?

What the heck is going on?

0 Likes
My Verizon Offline too?
TheBlackNight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to login to the My Verizon section reports:

We are unable to process your request at this time.
Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.
How about a freaking update on the situation? Has anyone else found anything out?
0 Likes
Logged into VW! Tip for blocking calls.
TheBlackNight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't know if this helps, but I was able to log into verizonwireless.com, instead of going to My Verizon. Still looking for some kind of notification of what is going on? I have no new messages in my Customer Service section, I am still paying for the Verizon Iobi home service, $7.95 per month, and I have not gotten any of the blocked calls as of 1-hour and 15-minutes into the busnesss day.

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

I use the Iobi servce to block 20 numbers, some telemarketers, some collectors, and I forward another 20 numbers to my cell phone, which has Usage Controls enabled, so I can block an additional 20 numbers, giving me the ability to block 40 people, 40 numbers from calling, and I can block private and unavailable-unknown calls. I sure as crap hope the service is still working even though I cant login in any fashion at all.

Message Edited by TheBlackNight on 01-10-2009 06:18 AM
Re: IOBI Home Offline?
Tampa-customer

The availability of IOBI is pathetic.  Seems to go down for some portion of every month or so.  Verizon seems to think this is a toy and not a real-time feature that we rely on for caller-ID, dynamic call forwarding and managing of nuisance calls.

It costs about $10 a month including their trumped up "taxes".

Used to be that when you reported a problem, they would credit you for the month, but now they are so cheap and indifferent to providing IOBI service, that they credit you for the pennies associated with the portion of time they think the service was down.

Maybe one day Verizon will realize that IOBI isn't just another billing platform that can be taken down with their account center, but rather a feature, like getting dial-tone when you pick up your phone.

Message Edited by Tampa-customer on 01-10-2009 06:55 AM
0 Likes