Is this a real or fraudulant Verizon Number
bkbazemore1

I have received a call from this number every day for over a week. I don't know if it is a real verizon number.

"Hi this is Angela calling from Verizon Long Distance. We would like to review the information on your long distance account. If you culd call 1-888-483-4083. Thanks you for choosing Verizon and have a wonderful day."

I have called Verizon directly and talked to someone about any questionable long distance charges and they indicated that my account was okay.

I cannot locate this number in any of the contact numbers for Verizon and this number shows up as Unavailable on my phone.

Has anyone else had this phone call?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is this a real or fraudulant Verizon Number
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello bkbazemore,

I sent you a private message so we can further assist.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello bkbazemore,

I sent you a private message so we can further assist.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
pianoplayer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a call today from an unknown caller ID name and it was the 309 area code.  I talked to a very rude woman who said she was from Verizon and wanted to access my account because of some questionable international calls.  I told her I didn't believe she was from verizon and she became very nasty and told me after a bit of back and forth that I could call {edited for privacy} if I didn't believe her.  After some research on line I think this is a sales ploy for verizon long distance by a contractor.  This type of aggressive and rude sales calling is what gets people to change their phone company.  I would appreciate some response from Verizon.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello pianoplayer,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

Contact Us

Aceon6

This is a Verizon partner number. Apparently, VZ sends info to them when a line has international traffic. They are calling to see if you are interested in adding an international plan to your phone service.

If any Verizon folks are monitoring this, I feel it is really important for businesses to expose their details on caller ID and to list authorized partner numbers on the website. In the absence of this information, most of us will just ignore the communications.

Also, this is the 3rd contact we've had about adding international service. If we need to add services, we know where to find you. There is no need to ask more than once.

0 Likes