Lack of Customer Information on Irene Issues -
enkine
Enthusiast - Level 1

I knew there was a backup battery for my phone, but I did not realize that my entire Fios was dependent on my home electricity until I read in NJ.com:  "Verizon FIOS, for example, uses a 100 percent fiberoptic network that is dependent on electricity from the home, according to company spokesman Lee Gierczynski.   I suspect many others are equally unaware. 

I spent hours on the Verizon website at the library and finally found a place that said there was an outage in my area and the expected time to receive service was "EST".  (Unfortunately I wasn't able to find it a 2nd time - but that's good as I found the NJ.com site).     There is an link about "Severe weather information for fios customers" on the first residential help page - but it assumes the reader knows that home power is required.    It would have been really nice if Gierczynski's comment was there in bold.

I am amazed that given the number of households without electric (many of which like myself have generators) that Verizon did not have a PROMINENT note on the website informing/reminding customers that the service required electric from the home and could be restored through generator use.  I work at home and have been severely hampered by lack of in home service....ALL NEEDLESSLY.     I don't think of myself as a stupid person, but I am a 'senior citizen' so not as tech savvy as younger folks.   But customer service should be structured with ALL customers in mind.   But then Verizon doesn't really seem to know what customer service means.  

Re: Lack of Customer Information on Irene Issues -
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

Thank you for your post. I do apologize for the frustation at this time. Please check out our link below in reference to our post about the storm. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/bg-p/ResidentialBlog

I would like to provide you further assistance if this is still needed. I sent you a private message please check your messages when you have a moment.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes