Lawn Damage from FiOS Neighborhood Installation
Mark4834
Enthusiast - Level 3

Late last summer, Verizon installed FiOS cable in my neighborhood.  This spring, I discovered that one of the five trenches dug on my property, did not grow back with grass.  I have a stretch of mud in my front lawn where there is no grass.  Who do I contact to get Verizon to replace the sod that was destroyed by the FiOS cable installation?

I live in Prince William County, VA

Thanks!

Mark

Tags (1)
Re: Lawn Damage from FiOS Neighborhood Installation
Hubrisnxs
Legend

hi,  you have a few options.

you can always call 1-800-VERIZON and you want to navigate towards tech support.   They can put in a report for you.

you can reach out to chat support here at the Verizon Website by clicking on the contact us link.

you can reach out to the Verizon Twitter Support

you can reach out to the Verizon Direct forums at BBR.

Any of those entities should be able to file a report for you. 

jcpinva

About three years ago Verizon laid Fios cable in our neighborhood.  At the time I asked them specifically to not put down grass seed since I was afraid was cheap and would contain a lot of weeds.  However, they laid the seed anyway and sure enough a lot of Bermuda grass has grown exactly where they laid the cable.  I tried digging it out but it the roots are too deep.  I'm afraid if I dig any deeper that I might cut the cable, so I'm wondering if Verizon can come back to my property to dig up the remaining dirt and help me lay sod?  Doesn't seem fair that I am going to have to spend several hundred dollars to fix a problem they created that I could not prevent.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jcpinva,

Have you tried the options suggested by Hubrisnsx earlier?

0 Likes