Letter from CMR Claims -
jonlin94

Today I received a very vague letter from CMR Claims on a Verizon letterhead.  The letter states that they are going to be sending me a bill for "damage to verizon facilities," with a claim date of 11/10/13.  Based on some online reading i have been doing on this company, I gather that this is related to the fiber optic line that needed replacement when I moved in to my new home in November 2013.  A verizon technician came to set up new service and explained that the existing verizon equipment that was left in the house was old, and the cable may be damaged and needed replaced.   A new line was run a couple of weeks later.  Obviously if there were any damaged items they were pre-existing, not my repsonsibility.  I have had zero notification from Verizon about any potential charges, so I am hoping this forum can help me get to the bottom of this. 

Thanks, look forward to a response.

Jon - PA

0 Likes
Re: Letter from CMR Claims -
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jonlin94,

We have closed your private support case. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help. Just to recap, the bill is valid. The bill was not for pre-existing damage, but was for our outside equipment being used for other non-verizon services.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
user96

I am in the same boat here.  Received a letter stating I owe $290 for a cut wire when you can clearly see it was thrown down and the sod was laid on top of it.  I use Verizon for all of my communication needs.  One would think they would see that the amount of business they risk to lose far out weights the cost of the wiring that has now been laying across my yard and drive way for what is going on months.

0 Likes