Lied to by sales agent. Customer service will not help!
Joon1

I am a 10+ year loyal customer of Verizon Wireless. Tried to setup FiOS for internet but was not able to (unavailable at location) until I moved recently.

Last month, I called to set up Fios Triple Play at my new place. Salesman said that..

A. The setup fee $99 appears on the estimate (sent over email which is no longer accessible) BUT will be waived from my bill. This is after he says "let me talk to my supervisor" and confirmed it will not show up on my first bill. 

B. Since I am moving into my new place later in the month, they will begin billing in June so that I do not get charged for May when I'm not even in the new address. 

Both of these promises were made to me before I agreed to proceed to install the services. 

Now in June, I get the bill and not only am I charged for full month of May, the $99 setup fee is also still there. I call customer service and they say they have no record of these promises and can only verify what is on the sales agreement.

I ask to speak to the manager, Mike. 

Mike says they cannot honor the promises. They can also not track the salesperson who set me up and closed the deal. This is because I was apparently talking to a 3rd party who represented himself as an actual Verizon rep. How is it possible not to track the actual salesperson that closed the sale? I even have a survey emailed to me asking how the rep did. His name is Donovan, but apparently no way to track down who he is. 

I ask if there is any way they can access the phone conversation if it was saved. He says they cannot without even trying to find out if its there. 

Absolutely horrified by this experience. Im going to cancel my services. Screw the $350 fee. Also switching my mobile. This is about dealing in bad faith with customers. After reading these forums it looks like I'm not the only one who has experienced this

Should I have asked for a written agreement about the promises made? Sure, I probably should have in hindsight. BUT this is Verizon, right? One of the biggest companies in America. They wouldn't lie to a customer's face, right? OR they wouldn't let 3rd party sales partners lie and not even try to rectify the situation at all, right? 

Wrong. 

Tags (1)
Re: Lied to by sales agent. Customer service will not help!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Joon,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes